Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ozzie K or Dennis Ladd books.
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  12:16:08 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know if Vol 2 and 3 were created as mentioned in Vol.1 of "Guitar Playing Hawaiian Style" by Ozzie Katani and Dennis Ladd?

The first volume is a good basics training tool...but can't seem to find the followup books!
I suspect aren't published yet.
Or anyone got any other intermediate training tools...or others. I'm a little new to taropatch...ideas appreciated.

I have most of Keola's teaching materials, and Mark Hanson's "Masters of the Hawaiian S.K. guitar is a GREAT collection...but just looking for some materials to get my training wheels spinnin' faster...or perhaps lose them in my jump to Taropatch speed!

Gordo in Colorado

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2003 :  01:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Ozzie is working on Vol. 2...last I heard it was scheduled to be published early 2004.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  01:34:15 AM  Show Profile
Thanks for info on Ozzie...
I guess he's at George's music camp on Maui, was leaning towards a pilgrimage to Keola's Molokai camp in June, but it ain't set in lava!
Ozzie's playing and teaching is of growing intererst.
Gordo--Recovering fiddler!
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  10:31:11 AM  Show Profile
Leonard Kwan's book I belive was written with Dennis Ladd's assistance. I got my copy from Elderly Music.

Peace in the New Year.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  12:00:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Dennis Ladd worked on both Leonard's and Ozzie's books. (I don't know if he's working on Ozzie's second book.) Leonard Kwan's book is no longer available unless you can locate a used copy. (They turn up on eBay every now and then.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 12/30/2003 12:01:46 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000