Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 A Fine Time at Bwop's Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2004 :  01:01:48 AM  Show Profile
Just want to say that I had a really fine time at Bwop's kanikapila.

And what a great place to have such a kani. Such a lovely room with an expansive view toward the mountains on the other side and with the sun setting in the trees on the left whilst we played.

such a lovely place...

such a lovely view...

You can check-out anytime you want... but you can never leave !

No... - wait a minute, that's Hotel California...

Some sneaky people pulled a Ha'ole La Hanau on me and we were all forced to eat cake. Too bad Marie was not there. I had such a good time that I was THREE POUNDS heavier the next day.

But there was lots of un-heavy music as folks took turns playing all afternoon and into the evening. I detect that some people are getting much better at their playing !

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 01/24/2004 12:21:35 PM

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  01:23:26 AM  Show Profile
Ae, Lawrenzio, mahalo nui loa for eating all that birthday cake, otherwise Iwould have been three pounds heavier. Rather it be you.... Mahalo again to Bwop for opening his lovely home to us roaming musicians. Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2004 :  10:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha kakou!
E Julie, you tink having some of the nicest people in the world come to your house, play heavenly music, grind on the most ono stuffs and enjoy each other is a CHORE??? Hey, I'm 'bout ready to do this every month!!
Thank you all again for such a wonderful time!!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  02:42:20 AM  Show Profile

Aloha Peter:
E you tink coming to your house for kaukau and music and pilialoha is good ting? You and Melinda make so fine, we be back soonest. Play mo' bettah, come back bye m' bye. Ou hui hou. Malama pono, me ke aloha,

cathe
Go to Top of Page

waveriderjon
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  3:12:18 PM  Show Profile
Puttin' in my two cent's worth, I had a wonderful time! I'd have no problem making this a regular occassion...of course that's easy for me to say, I'm not cleanin' up the next day, maybe we should end each kani with a group clean-up. Anyway I had a great time and want to thank those who allowed me to try their instruments too. Thanks Bwop for a great time.

Jon

p.s. Jimmy says I got my stories mixed up...he didn't knock over a phone booth like I thought, he grabbed a broom on the way out and stuck it through the two door handles...he really didn't like those frat guy's I guess.
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  5:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha nui loa,
E Lawrence, I don't think you had a "Ha'ole La Hanau", unless it's only white cake ("Hau'oli La Hanau" more da kine). Fun to have your birthday suprize! Good work Cynthia!
E Jon, yeah, I really do wanna make this somehow regular. But if I don't check with Melinda first, my okole in planny pilikia. Get back to you.
Hope to see lots of you at some of the Dennis/Cyril/Patrick/Cindy shows.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  01:25:06 AM  Show Profile
Now you've gone and done it Bwop !

You've left me with more cake on my face !

Tew bad thar ain't no spel checkur fur Haawhyann in dis
dang calmphewtur. (I sit corrected)

Aloha no,

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  10:52:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Lawrence,
E, no shame, yeah? I've been making a study of Hawai'ian, and I still get jumbled minding my "p"s and "k"s. In small kid days, being dyslexic and creative, if I had a word I wasn't sure how to spell, I'd just use it several times with an alternate spelling each time, and surely anyone would know what I meant by the end of the paper.
When we really communicate, our mouths and brains are merely extraneous accesories. (I had a child who only spoke French in my Nursery School, and at snack time I would ask him to "Lave li mon". He'd give me a funny look, but he knew how to "Wash the lemon".). It's the heart that really connects us, and what better way than playing ki ho'alu? We have "A only pill and key, yeah" wid dat.
And Happy Birthday again!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  1:43:33 PM  Show Profile
Hmm, I thought Lawrence did it on purpose...a mainlander's (the haole part) birthday.

I have a friend who CAN'T seem to remember how to pronounce the 'Ha'ina mai ana ka puana' part in most Hawaiian songs. I got him singing "hyena my on a cop-you on a", and then told him to jus' mumble a little bit. He sounds pretty good, now!

Eric

Puna

Edited by - Puna on 01/30/2004 1:54:10 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000