Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Slack Key Class in Los Angeles/Ventrua Area
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  8:06:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Hello fellow slack-keyers. I am thinking of offering a beginning to intermediate slack key class in the San Fernando Valley / Ventura area in the spring of 04 around April. I have been studying and playing slack key for 30 years, mostly self taught, but with a modicom of aloha. If you are interested, let me have your email address and I'll keep you posted.
Aloha,
Uncle Tim

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2003 :  11:48:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Tim, are you talking about an afternoon class, all-day, weekend? Would you be interested in coming down to the San Diego area to offer a class also?

(For those of you who haven't heard of Tim, he was the publisher of the Hui Ki Ho'alu Newsletter back in the '90s and is also given a shout out in the liner notes of Moses Kahumoku's CD The Gift.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2003 :  10:23:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Hi Craig,
and thanks for the aloha. If there were 10 or so folks in San Diego that want to get together and kanikapila and maybe learn from each other then I would be interested in coming down to San Diego. Barb and I love the San Diego area and need a good excuse to visit. But, I think once a week would be too much for me. How about every two weeks on a Sunday afternoon?
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2004 :  11:17:39 AM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Hi again Craig,
I'll be coming to San Diego on a vacation the week of February 16th and it would be nice to have a little get together one afternoon with anyone who may be interested in learning / sharing kihoalu.
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  12:39:46 AM  Show Profile
I'm in. Tu or Thurs nights are out for me.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  12:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Tim, my ex-wife is taking my daughter on a trip that week so it will work out well for me.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2004 :  2:19:41 PM  Show Profile
Craig & Dusty,
I'll be in Kaua`i for that week, but you ought to see if you can get the rest of the club together for a meet with Tim.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  6:28:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
i'm here - not tuesday night, though...

keith

PS i'm going to make next monday's meeting! ya-hoo!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2004 :  11:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Keith Marzullo...hmm, that name sounds vaguely familiar.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  09:46:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Wow, sounds like there are a few people that like to jam there in San Diego. Wife and I'll be in San Diego around Tuesday, Feb 17 through the following Sat or Sun AM, (Dang, I'll miss the HAPA-ning)mainly seeing all the sights on sort of a second honeymoon. Would be nice to get together somewhere during that time, say on Wed. nite or Sat morn-aft?
Uncle Tim

Edited by - Uncle Tim on 01/14/2004 09:57:29 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  10:44:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Aloha Uncle Tim

A Saturday morning or afternoon would be great. We look forward to introduceing you to the Southern California Slack Key Society.

You are also going to miss our concert on 2/27 with Dennis Kamakahi, George Kahumoku and Daniel Ho

Consider a cocktail party withn the artist, a free CD, a beautiful gourmet dinner and VIP seating at the concert as part of that second honeymoon. Its all included in a VIP ticket.

Don Narup
I 'a Nui Productions
858-277-5765

Edited by - Ianui on 01/14/2004 10:51:51 AM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2004 :  11:11:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Wednesday night works best for me...Saturday's OK but my daughter will be tagging along.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  1:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Aloha Folks,
Ok you guys decide (2/18 eve or 2/21 am) and let me know in a week or so. I can bring some tabs with me (not da sof drink, but). And, I'm looking forward to it. Looks like I'll be missing some good concerts, but I miss them all the time at home, too. So, no boddah me too much, jus little bit. An' how do I upload my photo on this thing??
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2004 :  9:21:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Hello Again,
Never mind, I read the FAQ's on uploading photos (duh). I should be able to do it by tomorrow, maybe. Once we nail down a date to meet in San Diego, then we can start a new topic like "Slack Key Kanikapila in San Diego" or somesuch. Sound like a plan?
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2004 :  6:54:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Aloha,
Lets continue this under new topic "Kanikapila in San Diego"
I'll be out of touch for a week, so catch up with you there.
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2004 :  9:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
If anyone wants to set up a class or a kanikapila in Ventura County, let me know.
Thanks,
Uncle Tim
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000