Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

shorebreak
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  6:49:30 PM  Show Profile
Aloha to all. This is my first post so I hope it works. Thank you Andy for providing this venue to share our love of kihoalu.
I am looking for people to jam with. I live in Waimanalo, Oahu and welcome the opportunity to jam with anyone that loves Hawaiian music.
Had a great time with all of you at Georges' Maui class. Hope to be there next year again.

Aloha, Greg Kerner

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  8:28:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Greg,

I'm happy to see you post. In fact, I have been meaning to shoot you and Roger and email. I've been wondering how your ki ho`alu has been since hearing you guys play at camp. Been playing out much lately?

I hope you can find some people on O`ahu to kanikapila with. My desire is not selfless. It'd be great to have a jam to come visit much like the Waihe`e guys welcome visitors to Maui.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  04:12:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Alohas Greg and anyone else who is interested, I would love to kanikapila. We could meet at the University of Hawaii on any Wednesday evening after my guitar class. If not, let me know when and where we can jam.
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  2:18:00 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, "Bruddah" Greg

It was great seeing your post on taropatch. I e-mailed you but don't think it got through. With the rest of the t.p. ohana's i, also wanted to welcome you to this unique site.

It was great listening to you and roger in class, you guy's are great! I'm glad your with the t.p. ohana's. Now we can communicate, because i lost your contact number that you gave me. If your ever on maui, let me know we can get together.

If i'm not mistaken Oct.11, Roger is having a gathering up at olinda. ( jam session.) try checking with roger for more details. Hope you can make it.

Great to have you on board! This is the place to be!

Malama Pono!
"Bruddah" Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  8:43:46 PM  Show Profile
So, Greg, what's the McGill status?

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  5:10:52 PM  Show Profile
Hawaiian jam session on Oahu - I am interested. I know some others who might be interested too. UH is okay, or wherever. (First post here.)

Go to Top of Page

shorebreak
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2003 :  9:03:34 PM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

Been off the island for the last 5 weeks and can't wait to get home. Mainkaukau and nanahonua thank you for the replies. Let's get together in November sometime and make some music. I have a great place in Waimanalo that would work. UH is ok also. Let me know how to contact you and I will when I get home from Ohio.

And Reid... thanks for the inquiry into the Mcgill. Paul has set me up and I should take possesion of a super ace before the end of the year! I am really excited. I will let you know how it works out.

Kevin, thank you for your kind words in your email. I am sad that I missed the jam at Olinda. I heard you had good fun with my good friend Toomey. Family is more important - and we will jam again. Have a great time on your west coast tour.

Aloha, Greg
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  7:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Greg: Mainkaukau already contacted me by email, and we were planning to get together on a Wednesday after his class at UH. November is fine, let me know when you are available.
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2003 :  7:49:49 PM  Show Profile
P.S. I also spoke to another person who is interested in meeting with us. Plays guitar and sings. Knows a lot of songs.
Go to Top of Page

shorebreak
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2003 :  4:02:44 PM  Show Profile
I am back on Oahu and would love to get together with you guys. Call me at 259-8771 and we can make some plans.

Aloha, Greg
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2003 :  2:50:05 PM  Show Profile
OK. I'll let you know when I can set something up.

Vernon
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  03:10:22 AM  Show Profile
Hey Greg - Large jam session tomorrow in Mililani, Eric coming too (long drive for you, but a good jam; worth it). Check your email. Gimme a call.

Aloha, Vernon
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2003 :  03:15:09 AM  Show Profile
P.S. Anyboby else interested, let me know.
Go to Top of Page

shorebreak
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  1:14:06 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Vernon,

Thanks for the heads up on the Mililani jam. Unfortunately I did get your message until today. How was the jam? I wish I was there. Let's get together sometime.

Mahalo, Greg
Go to Top of Page

Nanahonua
Aloha

17 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  3:19:43 PM  Show Profile
Greg -

Sorry for the short notice, but I forgot about the jam until the day before (I sent you an email too). The jam was excellent. Worth the long drive to Mililani. Eric (Mainkaukau) came too. This is a great bunch of people who kanikapila several times a year at various houses all over the Island. About 6 or 7 guitarists (maybe more), a bass player, a few ukuleles, a lap steel, and some percussion. They know hundreds of songs and all the words. There was a very good falsetto singer too. Lots of hula dancing. Toward the end of the evening Eric led on a cool hapa-haole song. We played until well after midnight. I'll let you know when the next one is, or maybe we'll get together sooner.

Vernon
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2003 :  4:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Yes, it was a great jam. I wish I could drop some names of the people who were there but the only name I remember is Vernon. There were some old time slackers who were involved with, just to name what I can recall from our conversations, Gabby's and Palani Vaughns early albums. Good bunch of people, very entertaining and educational. If invited, go. Alohas everyone, have a wonderful one!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000