Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Keola and Moana coming to Northern California
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2004 :  01:12:54 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

I just learned that Keola and Moanalani will be coming to Grass Valley and Sebastopol in the beginning of April. I talked to the promoter today and it looks like the deal will be signed shortly.
Get your tickets early! Yippee!

Julie

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2004 :  10:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Thanks for the good news Julie!
I hope it's before the 7th; Sibyl and I head for Merry Monarch then. Please, please, please

Ross
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  01:46:23 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Ross,

I heard it was Grass Valley on April 1, Sebastopol on April 2.
Wish I could follow them around like a little puppy dog! Yip yip
Julie
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2004 :  2:36:18 PM  Show Profile
Again, I am jealous. And jealous twice. First, because people we love rarely come near where we live and, second, because Ross is going to Merrie Monarch.

Ross, what seats did they assign you? When Sarah and I went several years ago, we postmarked our request the day after Christmas, the 1st day they would accept. The idea was to get a decent seat; we wanted Section K, up and at an angle. But, we got assigned our 3rd choice, down near the side of the stage. We saw a lot of ankles and TV lights (had to wear sun glasses), but missed the patterning of the halau. We were close to them and the musicians, though. Very emotional time; made more so by the fact that a husband of a dancer died on the beach before a performance and the halau went on in a "missing wahine formation" with everone crying. On a lighter note, we got to meet Sonny Ching twice and even bought him a bottle of champagne at a reaurant after his halau won several categories. Don't miss the freebie shows before the contest. If Halau o Kekuhi appears, as they did when we were there, you will see the greatest hula in the world - they don't compete, for several reasons: they would win kahiko all the time and they are simply too dedicated. They are sooo tough and brilliant and deep and strong and artistic and spiritual.

You will have a great time in April on the mainland and on the the Big Island.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  02:10:00 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Yep Julie, Keola's on April 2nd in Sebastopol. There were flyers at the Cyril/Dennis/Cindy/Patrick show Friday. I felt sorry for the troupe; already tired and flying-out for freezing-okole Minnesota in only a few more hours! I guess I'm a warm-weather only puppy-dog.

Reid,
Our first time to M.M.; and well, uhhhmmm, we don't know about tickets yet! We sent off so as not to be early, but we still waitin'. We basically wrote that we'd take anything, of course giving our preferred area. We don't want to miss-out for being picky.
I think we have a backup source if our order falls through, we'll see.
Anyway, I DO know that we're going to Hilo/B.I., wether or not we get in to M.M.

And we go by way of Maui and the 3-day (free) cultural festival at the Ritz the week before; Choke workshops but yet to find a detailed schedule for it anywheres.

Can't wait! whee ha.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2004 :  02:24:43 AM  Show Profile
Ross,
Couple of years ago we missed out on the official order, but were able to pick up pretty decent tickets haging out at the hotels and the venue. We paid about $25 per ticket over the actual cost, which isn't all that bad a "scalpers" fee. And there's so much stuff going on all around.
Raymond
San JOse
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000