Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Greetings from the Island of Arizona
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

moon kahele
Aloha

7 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2004 :  09:24:01 AM  Show Profile
I cannot tell you how blessed it was to being selected to do a Slack Key workshop at the Annual Arizona Aloha Festival. Along with awesome musicians, Palani Baxter on Steel, JT Walsh on Bass, Frank Erice - Guitar/Vocals and Joe Broyles - Percussions. Words cannot express the "chicken skin" emotions as a result of this privilege. Although it was just for 45 minutes, we jammed mele's from Pops Pahinui, Atta Issacs, Sonny Chillingsworth, Raymond Kane, Peter Moon, to name a few artists of yesteryear. Also, several originals in Open G, Nahenahe! Anyone travelling or residing in Arizona, no shame email me at moonohana815 @ msn.com and we can "talk story" or better yet, lets jam with our guitars. Plans are brewing to conduct classes at ASU to teach this guitar technique. So many doors have opened since my first Slack Key lick almost 40 years ago.

God Bless You Slackers, Moon Kahele. www.kkohawaii.com

Maureen
Aloha

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2004 :  5:43:24 PM  Show Profile
What Slack-Key workshop??? I was at the Festival both days, but I didn't hear or see anything about a slack-key workshop! I have been learning Ki Ho'alu totally alone by Keola Beamer's book/CD sets long distance times one year. I just caught onto the "rolling bass" a couple of weeks ago, starting to get halfway decent at slack-key, so the workshop would have been perfect. Oh, well.

We danced Hula Kahiko on Sunday. We had 60 haumana dancing. I see your pix. It looks like you were on that other stage with the wooden beams above it. We danced on the "MarketPlace" stage. I don't recognize you guys. I sure would appreciate getting in touch with anybody in the area that knows anything about slack-key. I live in NW Phoenix.

If this doesn't give my E-mail, I am at healingwings11333 @ cox.net
Don't know if I can post my phone number on here, so try E-mailing and let me know if there is anybody in the Phoenix Valley (this includes the suburbs of Glendale, Scottsdale, Peoria, Tempe, Mesa, Chandler, etc) that I can get in touch with. I could really use a little help, unless I am just not having enough confidence in myself.

Thanks, Maulena

Me ke aloha,
Maulena
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000