Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Southern California Slack Key Society News
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  6:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
now, i know many of you think craig "cpatch" patchett does little more than post on taropatch. (he's rapidly nearing "ahonui" status, which in hawaiian means patience expressed through perseverance - a suitable attribute for cpatch. but i digress.)

we got together at the M3 coffeehouse, as we regularly do on the second and fourth wednesdays of the month. (i use the word "we" rather casually here, seeing that my colleagues of SCSKS express shock and amazement whenever i make it to one of our meetings. i continue to digress...) the highlight of yesterday's meeting was craig's new c. fox guitar. here's the four of us who were there yesterday. all but bill benzel are shown playing the fox (bill did, but i missed the shot).

cpatch himself, clearly nowhere near anything connected to the Internet, about to play a great song by ozzie kotani that i'd never heard before:
dusty foster (playing in leonard's F):
bill benzel (who, when this photo was taken, was playing some very nice old time music):
me (wondering if i could sneak the guitar out in my case):

aloha, keith

Edited by - marzullo on 04/29/2004 7:00:48 PM

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  7:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Actually, there were five of us...Ken Schmidt was also there but never got a chance to make it onstage! Bill is shown playing HIS new guitar...a really nice Godin nylon string. The pickup in the C. Fox, in case anyone is wondering, is L.R. Baggs' new M1, which sounds REALLY nice (http://www.lrbaggs.com/news/products_200312_m1).

Finally, the interesting expression on Keith's face is the result of him singing (well, I might add)!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2004 :  10:04:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
that's right, sorry i forgot to mention braddah ken! i think my singing put him to sleep.

and, honest, we're not uncivilized; we didn't hemo the slippahs because it was so cold... notice i have thermals on under my aloha shirt.

aloha, keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  12:42:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Nice guitars guys, wish i could hear em!

Lee
Go to Top of Page

bbenzel
Lokahi

USA
130 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  3:35:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit bbenzel's Homepage
Aloha Keith,

Unfair -- mine was also shot candid -- note how everyone else is smiling but you caught me in a somewhat focused moment. I think the guitar was in standard tuning at that point -- no wunner I'm frowning -- didn't have any slack!!

Bill
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2004 :  3:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e bill,

no, i think you weren't smiling because the guitar was doing it for you. that was a beautiful medly you were doing right then...

Keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000