Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Slack Key and iTunes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  01:57:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
There is more and more Hawaiian music showing up at the Apple Music Store, which can be accessed via the excellent iTunes application (free for Mac and Windows at http://www.apple.com/itunes). If you haven't checked out the Apple Music Store yet it's well worth a look...it allows you to buy legal copies of individual songs for $0.99 each and a full CD's worth of songs for $9.99. Downloaded songs can be played using iTunes, downloaded to an Apple iPod, or burned to a CD. You can listen to previews of songs before you buy. There is no membership required.

Here's a small sample of what's currently available:

- Cindy Combs: Slack Key Lady
- Ozzie Kotani: To Honor a Queen
- Martin Pahinui: Ho`olohe
- Keola Beamer: Island Born/Soliloquy/Mohala Hou
- Various Artists: Songs of the Hawaiian Cowboy
- Mark Nelson: The Water is Wide (Be sure to check out "`Opihi Blues"!)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 05/02/2004 02:02:42 AM

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  1:41:31 PM  Show Profile
All of those are Dancing Cat Records titles -- bravo to them for wisely getting traditional Hawaiian music on to a _legal_ download site.

Other island record labels have followed their lead: Punahele Productions (Keali`i Reichel, mostly), Mountain Apple (starting with Israel Kamakawiwo`ole), and Quiet Storm (primarily reggae).

Whatever gets island music out _beyond_ the islands, is a good thing!

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

huiohana
Lokahi

115 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  3:41:56 PM  Show Profile
Man, what great times we live in. Able to only download songs we like from any artist. Great times for us. I'm not too sure for the artist themselves. A hui hou, Keali'i.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  6:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Better for the artists that their songs are downloaded from something like iTunes than from something like Napster.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000