Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Henry Kopono - Sunday At Duke's
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tahitijack
Aloha

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2004 :  09:50:57 AM  Show Profile
Henry Kapono (Cecilio & Kapono) is not a slack key player but has been playing contemprary Hawaiian and rock covers for decades. There is an aloha spirit in the music. I just discovered his cd "Henry Kapono Live Sunday At Dukes." The title track was recorded in the studio, the balance of the cd was recorded live at Duke's on Sunday. Do yourself a favor and buy this cd. There are very few "Live" cd's that are worth listening to. This is one of the best. Henry plays and sings a few original songs but, just as C&K started out playing covers (they often did them better than the original),when Henry plays the rock n roll classics he makes them come alive. Please read the liner notes to understand why this cd is special. For those who do not know who "Rob" is, you probably would know him by his restaurants Kemo's, Hula Grille, Jakes At the Beach, Duke's and others. I am certain Rob would approve of this tribute. See you at Duke's on Sunday my friends. Happy Sunsets

Happy Sunsets

Edited by - tahitijack on 04/15/2004 10:28:48 PM

horsen
Aloha

1 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  1:15:32 PM  Show Profile
hi all,new here,but just to add to this post,c&k have been doing the 30 year reunion tour for about 6 months now.caught them in vegas at sams town and then again at maui c.c.great stuffpicked them up 25 years ago while i was stationed at wheeler afb.anyway in june they are playing at humphryes in san deago. they also have alive cd and dvd from aloha towers concert they did.thanks mic.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000