Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 TaroPatch.net 2004 CD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2004 :  12:01:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

Andy, can you make this topic sticky until the CD is out?

Done.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

OHIO-HAOLE
Akahai

USA
86 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  7:33:07 PM  Show Profile
Craig, can you still get a copy of the first Taropatch CD?...Ken.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2004 :  8:06:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
To prevent copyright issues, each CD is only sent out to those who contribute songs to it. You can check out the TaroPatch SoundClick page for copyright-free songs from TaroPatch members.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Tim
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2004 :  8:31:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Tim an AOL message
Hello,
Sorry to miss you in San Diego when we were there. I do have an original composition in g tuning that I can contribute as a wav or mp3. Called "Makiki Rag", composed when I was living in Honolulu in 1974. I'd be happy to furnish the tab for it as well. If I can find a midi file of it, I'll send it along to you, shortly.
Tim Holtwick
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  12:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK Tim, thanks.

So far four people have sent contributions for the CD (not counting Tim). No hurry...deadline isn't until the end of July but if you're planning on contributing please let me know at craig @ patchett.com. Mahalo.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  03:07:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Just a reminder to please email me at craig @ patchett.com if you plan on contributing to the CD. Still 3 weeks to go but I haven't received too many responses from my previous post. Remember that the only qualification for contributing to this CD is the willingness to let the other contributors hear what you sound like. That's it. It doesn't matter if you just learned your first slack key/ukulele song or you've just perfected your first composition. Any and all are welcome.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/10/2004 :  9:10:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
One more thing...if you have emailed me and not received a reply please post here and let me know. My ISP has recently installed more agressive spam software and it's possible your email never reached me. Mahalo.

Craig
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  11:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Craig,
I sent you an e-mail; honestly don't remember if I got a response from you, I think not though!
Anyways, got my mics back and should get something recorded in two takes this weekend.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  09:56:10 AM  Show Profile
Craig,

It's always nice to know things work well also. I received you reply this morning.

Mahalo

Dave
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  1:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Thanks Ross.

Craig

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  3:55:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
Craig,
Maybe I can outsmart this Garage band thing and send you something by the deadline. I have one original in taropatch that may qualify as hawaiian. I'll try to send it along and see what you think.
Karl

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2004 :  4:38:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Sounds good Karl...thanks.

Craig

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2004 :  11:18:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Just a reminder that the deadline for submissions is the end of July, which is quickly approaching. The deadline is somewhat flexible, so if you're planning on submitting something but won't be able to get it in the mail until 8/1 that's fine...just let me know. If you've just run across this topic or decided at the last minute that you do want to contribute after all but are worried it's too late, it's not...just send me an email and let me know that you'll be sending something.

Craig

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  5:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
What should I record? Tick-tock tick-tock...

What are people contributing? Instrumentals? Vocals? Originals?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  5:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi andy - i did my own arrangement of "hawai`i aloha". it's an instrumental...

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000