Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 TaroPatch.net 2004 CD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  5:39:46 PM  Show Profile
I recorded an original, `Anini Beach. So Cal locals have heard it. I finally gave it a name. When I play it, I think of sitting in the shade at `Anini Beach on the north shore of Kaua`i.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2004 :  11:43:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I plan to submit a recording of Hamabe No Uta. It's an arrangement by Ozzie Kotani that I got at a workshop about a year and a half ago. Recording it for the CD is giving me the motivation to finally polish my playing of the piece. I'm going to keep working on it up until the deadline.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

garson
Lokahi

USA
112 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  12:07:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit garson's Homepage
In case you did not get my email, I have been trying to send you a wav file of something I call Namaka's Medley. My server is complaining about the size of the file (10 meg) and zipping it didn't help (3 meg). Could you send me a snail mail address so I can simply mail a CD? Also I'm new to this. How do you guys send sound files to eachother on the web?

Jim Garson
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  01:13:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK, I have lots of really great, aloha-drenched recordings already here with more on their way. The official deadline is Monday but as long as you let me know by Monday that you want to submit something and get it in the mail to me sometime next week you should be OK. I probably won't finish getting the CD together until the middle of August so there's a little wiggle room there for all you fellow procrastinators.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  12:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Thanks for all your time and effort Craig. I really appreciate the producing of this CD. I know it will motivate other Slack Key players to participate in future endeavors and help promote Slack Key guitar. Mahalo again...
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  1:42:58 PM  Show Profile

We are still working on something to send. It will come down
to the wire sometime this weekend.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2004 :  01:03:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
OK Lawrence, no problem. And my pleasure Eric! Sometime this week I will post a list of all the contributions I have received to make sure I didn't miss anything and then I will start putting it together. For those of you who didn't contribute there will definitely be some new additions to the SoundClick page for you to hear!

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  02:37:46 AM  Show Profile
Ahh! Can I get some more time?????
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2004 :  1:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
How much more do you need?

Craig
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  01:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm still sorting through submissions and putting together a final list of what I have, but this is going to be a really good CD set...33 songs so far from 27 different TaroPatchers and at least 10 new songs for the SoundClick page! Woohoo! They all sound great too...everybody should be proud of themselves! (Except for those of you who didn't submit anything!)

I'll try to get a list up in the next few days.

Craig

Edited by - cpatch on 08/05/2004 01:51:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  02:21:59 AM  Show Profile
Sunday? Saturday? Late Friday night?
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  03:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Sure...how about by Monday?

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  3:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

I'm still sorting through submissions and putting together a final list of what I have, but this is going to be a really good CD set...33 songs so far from 27 different TaroPatchers and at least 10 new songs for the SoundClick page!
Cool! That's up from 24 contributions back in February 2003. Can't wait to hear all of you play!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  5:00:19 PM  Show Profile
Craig, as a reminder, can you tell us how to determine whether our song is in the public domain, and therefore "soundclick-able"?
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  5:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Unfortunately there is no easy way other than to do a search on it to try and find copyright information. If you're stuck you can ask here and someone might be able to help.

Craig
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000