Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Lanikai Ukes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

veinte_balboas
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  09:51:19 AM  Show Profile
On the way home from work one day, local Ted Brown Music Store was calling out to my soul. There it was--a Lanikai curly koa tenor. Love at first strum. Had to have one. Too pricey, though. Wife would leave me if I got it at that price (not a bad idea--nah--not a good idea since she's my bank). Located KitKat4330.com in Florida. Ordered curly koa tenor and few days later here it was. Decided had to have concert model, too. Few days later there it was also. Bought them for way less than MSRP and got to keep wife to boot. Highly recommend Lanikais. Highly recommend KitKat4330.com as supplier. Let the honeymoon begin. Aloha.

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  8:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi viente,

congratulations on your new ukulele! i agree with you that lanikai are nice sounding ukuleles. be warned, though, that ukuleles should be controlled substances: "ukulele acquisition syndrome" seems as intense, if not more so, than GAS.

aloha, keith
(who spent a wee bit too much time hanging around dennis lake at AMC and mysteriously found himself having placed an order for a po mahina tenor).
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  9:49:34 PM  Show Profile
Keith,

That's what you get for playing my new Mango tenor. Dennis is lowering the action. As soon as I get it back I'll post a pic.

Ke Akua Pu

Dave
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  11:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi dave! jammin' on your uke did push me over the edge, but i was dangling my legs over the cliff anyway.

please do post a photo of that mango tenor - it's a beauty.

aloha, keith

Go to Top of Page

goto636
Aloha

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  8:18:07 PM  Show Profile
Hi,

Saw your posts about Dennis Lake. I bought a mango tenor from him at Ukefestwest and it's an absolutely wonderful instrument.

also, I'm thinkiing about a Lanikai koa tenor for a knock-a-round uke. Any problems with Lanikia's intonation up the neck, warpage, etc?
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  8:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi steve,

i've not heard anyone complain about intonation or warpage with lanikai ukes. many in the uke group i hang out with got lanikai ukes over a year ago and are still very happy with them.

(they aren't po mahina ukes, of course...)

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

1four5
Aloha

8 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2004 :  7:51:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit 1four5's Homepage
I recently purchased the Lanikai KB Koa bari uke. I'm in love with it and can't put it down. My only gripe is the strings that came with it only lasted 3 weeks before the G string fragged out and the E string just gave up, but I also played it very hard. Action is very good for factory, however, I do plan to lower the bridge slightly when I get around to it. Intonation is also very very good. Tone and sustain is incredable in comparison to my junker Hilo bari. The finish is breathtaking. The enclosed tuners are a dream compared to what I have on the Hilo or my guitar.

ukeblue.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000