Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 hungry for tab (just one calorie)
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chiwhistler
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2004 :  01:07:40 AM  Show Profile
Aloha everyone, i think this is my first post here. or i might have posted something last year. fresh from my 2nd AMC, i have several tunes in my head that i would love to learn how to play. problem is, i'm still a beginner at guitar, so it's pretty hard for me to figure anything out just by ear... especially when i don't even know the tuning! (i'll second something mark-o said last week about remembering tunes much better when you learn them by ear, but hey. sometimes you need a crutch!)

so... does anyone have tab for keola's "Beauty of Mauna Kea", or any of John Keawe's stuff?

mahalo

-mike braden (from chicago)

p.s. kevin is great! i can't believe i missed the breadrun.

duke
Lokahi

USA
163 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  12:26:53 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Mike--

I asked Keola, once, if he had tab for "Beauty of MK" and he said he never wrote that one out. I've picked out a basic version of it in C-Wahine (Keola's) but I don't know how to write out tab... I can show you at the next camp. I've never seen any John Keawe tab. By the way, it was nice meeting you. The piece you performed at the student concert was just beautiful. Loved the plaintive sound of your tin whistle.

Duke

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2004 :  1:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi mike!! welcome to the `ohana!

i don't have any of those tabs either... i do have some simple tab (manini, a version of lahaina luna) that i can send you if you wish.

it's nice to see you here!

aloha,
keith
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000