Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Get together in Palo Alto on 7/17
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  03:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I'm signed up for the Led Kaapana workshop at Gryphon in Palo Alto on 7/17. I also live just a few minutes from Gryphon. I'd like to seize the opportunity and have a slack key get-together at my place on the 17th.

I figure we can chat, hang out, eat and maybe jam a bit. I think the workshop attendees would be the most interested in this, but everyone is welcome to attend. I did something similar almost two years ago when Ozzie Kotani had a workshop at Gryphon. It was a lot of fun. It was nice meeting other members of the local slack key community.

I haven't decided on a time. It could either be before or after the workshop (which runs from 2 to 4pm).

Email me if you're interested. I'll finalize the details once I get a feel for the level of interest and people's preferences.

My email is gaa @ rahul.net

Gary

Edited by - Gary A on 07/05/2004 4:32:11 PM

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  2:16:58 PM  Show Profile
Sounds like a great idea Gary,

AFTER is better for me, for several reasons,
although it will run into dinner time. So
maybe we can bring potluck and store it till
after the workshop.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2004 :  4:31:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I'm leaning towards having a post-workshop potluck too. That way we won't have to end the party early to go to the workshop. It'll also give me a chance to make my crock-pot Kalua Pig. I hope you and Cynthia can make it.

Gary

Edited by - Gary A on 07/05/2004 4:46:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

bobby3dog
Akahai

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2004 :  10:36:02 AM  Show Profile
Gary,
afterward sounds good to me too..see you then.

allan (aka: b3d)

b3d
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2004 :  6:29:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Just so I don't scare anyone off, bringing food to the potluck is completely optional. It can be tricky to coordinate if you're also attending the workshop.

I still don't quite have a "critical mass" of people who have expressed an interest in attending. Please email me or post a reply if you plan to come. I just want it to be a low-pressure, casual get-together.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  01:53:35 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Gary:

Just got my ticket for the workshop and a get together after sounds quite nice. Please count me in, and will you be sending directions via email or carrier pidgeon, or????? <BEG>
Mahalo for hosting!

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  11:46:34 AM  Show Profile
Gary,

Remember we will bring one Guitar player, one ukulele
player, and one good singer. With yourself and b3d and
Cathe we already have enough for lotsa good music and
there will be still be others (maybe some from the
workshop too).

...LB

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  12:15:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
Gary, thanks a lot for offering to host. I'd like to join in.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Kahalenahele
Lokahi

USA
102 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  1:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Gary, can I come if I promise not to bring my Morton? I'll just bring the Frankenuke...
Go to Top of Page

Lopaka
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  4:11:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Lopaka a Yahoo! Message
Hi Gary,

If you don't mind first-timers, count me in.
I can bring something... maybe Chinese chicken salad, which everyone always asks for the recipe

By the way, I just called Gryphon and they said the workshop just sold out... They are taking names in case there's enough demand for a second workshop. If you hear of anyone who has to cancel, please send me an email. I'd really like to go. In any event, thanks for hosting the get-together. Looking forward to getting the details (time, address, etc)

-Bob

H a w a i i a n ..at heart!
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2004 :  5:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Thanks everyone for responding! There's definitely enough people for a party now. I'm looking forward to this.

I have email addresses for Fran, Lawrence and Kahalenahele, others should send me an email so I can send out directions and details once things are nailed down.

Lopaka, first-timers are definitely welcome. I didn't know anyone the first time I had one of these get-together but it was fine because it is such a friendly group of people.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2004 :  8:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha gary,
I'll be coming down with Bobby3dogs(if there's room for me with all those dogs!).
Look forward to another visit to your musical home.

Ross-asaurus

p.s.-
can we hear you play a little steel this time
Go to Top of Page

Lopaka
Aloha

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  5:33:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Lopaka a Yahoo! Message
Gary
I sent two emails, but both returned with "delivery failure" errors. You can send me an email using taropatch (click on the "email poster" envelope icon next to my message above)
thanks
-Bob

H a w a i i a n ..at heart!
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/12/2004 :  7:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Ross, I'm glad you can make it. I'll be happy to play some steel. I just spent the weekend playing dobro at a local bluegrass festival in Hollister.

Lopaka, I sent you email using the Taropatch.net email mechanism.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2004 :  11:10:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I sent an email with details of the get-together to everyone who expressed an interest in attending. If you didn't receive an email let me know.

The final plan is to have a post-workshop, "no obligation" potluck (I'll supply food and drinks so you're not obligated to bring anything, but you can if you want to). It looks like there will be ten people attending in addition to me and my family.

And if there's anyone lurking out there who is wondering if they should attend, send me an email and come join us! It'll be fun.

Gary

Edited by - Gary A on 07/15/2004 12:23:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 07/15/2004 :  12:49:11 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Just wanted to suggest that each of us going to Gary's bring-along 10 or so copies of one or two songs with chords so we're all on the same pages(s).
And bring your "Mele Aloha" Books (though that print is awfully small)

Just got Gary's Excel file of charts which reminded me.

See yuz
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000