Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Taropatchers Favorites?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kapila Kane
Ha`aha`a

USA
1051 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  12:27:31 PM  Show Profile
Ok, time for a Sunday morning Can of Worms!
Most of my recent questions were answered with great (new to me) info about resources...
So, for those of us who either are new, or careless in researching,
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE RACE HORSES, I MEAN (SLACK KEY) RESOURCES?

Don't ignore the obvious materials either--for any folks new or those who like to watch, but not post!

Dare I start with the obvious?

Ozzie Kotani's "Guitar Playing Hawaiian Style" (Ki Ho-'alu, an Instructional Method for Slack Key--Vol.1);
Good basic, things YOU Can Do!)

And when they arrive, Vol. 2 and 3...! I trust Ozzie!

And, despite some limitations, the nicely published "Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar", by Mark Hanson. Anyone who is brave and crazy enough to transcribe high-level stuff with mostly accurate notation, gets one delegate from Colorado!

While I'm ready to order the Patrick Landeza dvd...and the recently discussed Stropes Edition, I don't yet have "hands-on" experience...so help me here...

And of course, let's NOT FORGET favorite RECORDINGS!--especially the "must haves", for those of us with 'Holes in our Education.'
It's the SOUNDS that we're really after...
and or course, hanging participles.

Told ya I had a Can of Worms...

"All of us are ignorant...'cept on different subjects" -- approximate Will Rodgers quote.
G
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000