Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Pix, Kevin Brown, Aloha Camp 2004
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Maureen
Aloha

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  03:04:42 AM  Show Profile
Eh, Guys,
Keola Beamer's Aloha Camp site has added a new second page of photos from the 2004 Aloha Camp, with a couple of Kevin in there:

http://www.alohamusiccamp.com/04pics_more.html

We have had SIX WEEKS off Hula, and I am one flabby Makua. We go back (our class) on August 3rd. I need arm prop-ups! Really bad out of shape, vegging inside with my brand-new A/C unit, after my uddah one died a slow miserable death, and I almost died of heat prostration. Now it's like 70 degrees in here, in my little "ice cave."

Oh, Keola Beamer is not "finalized" yet, so tickets not on sale. I just want to meet any other human being that plays slack-key. I need to just keep going through my slack-key "bible", which is Keola's Mel Bay dark-green book, plus the Homespun one, and just keep practicing and not being such a little wimp that I need reassurance from people. I just don't have any self-confidence.

Okay, well, eh Kevin...go check out those pix. Our Kumu has been teaching Hula for 25 years!!! But I been more practicing other stuff than the 'oli we supposed to work on. I think I got those down pretty good now. Today I learned Wai'oli. And when my apartment was a million degrees, and I was sick as a dog from heat stroke, I learned Keola's dog song about Boki. I wasn't thinking of the connection, like sick as a dog, and mele about dog. I just like that little song, is my speed of Hawaiian. I work in slow Hawaiian, and today I was trying to play ipu and sing at same time, having coordination issues.

Everything Hawaiian requires so much coordination. Sorry, I can't seem to shut up.

Me ke Aloha you guys,
Auntie Mau

Maureen
Aloha

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  03:12:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh, Kevin,
You were talking about cats. Well, I have to tell somebody this. My friend has a mostly white cat that looks a lot like Kapono's only skinnier. Well, today he was inside to sleep in the A/C. He was lying holding the door open, like a kitty door-stop. Like lying on his back, along the door, with his back legs straight out, his front legs turned into the door and his head upside-down. And if we talked loud enough, he barely squinted opened his eyes and went right back to sleep.

He looked like one of those long tube things you buy to hold a door open. I wished I had film in my camera because it was so funny.

Okay. Now I'm pau. Really (she says crossing her fingers behind her back). What does this have to do with slack-key? I don't know. Somehow it's related to Keola Beamer.

Auntie Meow
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000