Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Some Wild and Crazy Ukes
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  5:46:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
On our Big Island visit we found The Music Exchange in Kamuela, next door to Waimea. It's a pretty typical small-town music store except for a wall of nice ukes and two bizarre ukulele creations locked away in a display case. It seems that Jim Triggs has done some over-the-top decorative building for the Gibson Custom Shop, and this little store has two examples. It took some shots and put them up on my web site so you could get a gander at them:

http://www.fxguidry.com/triggs/

Fran

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2002 :  7:57:25 PM  Show Profile
I've wondered about some Gibson designs; these are obviously tongue firmly planted in cheek. Love the moustache bridge on the jumbo(?).

Thanks for sharing.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

El Jefe
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  01:42:47 AM  Show Profile
Except for Michael Jackson on the back of the "strummingbird" I like it..

The Jay 2 Wondered...speaking of wondered..what 's the action on the back..don't get it...needs the J2oo engraved pickguard...

I think these are kinda cool..again excepting Michael Jackson
maybe the other one was Presley (his ex squeeze)

over the top is cool

And I note that the maker/designers name is not in 4" high pearl on the headstock or 12th fret..

speaking of frets at least they arent gold..

EJ

Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2002 :  07:14:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
quote:
speaking of frets at least they arent gold..

that's true! but, given how acidic my sweat is, i'd still want to wear rubber gloves if i were playing one of these guys, which sounds a bit limiting.

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000