Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Playing Hard to Get
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

El Jefe
Aloha

14 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  10:37:30 AM  Show Profile
In a search for ukes I tried the Japanese dealers...
Seems that nmany hard to find. wait for 1-4 years ukes can be bought "off the shelf"....check for yourself..

So if you wonder why your custom made,super oh my god, drednought
5 string , douple puka, puau encrusted wonder is going to take a while..ask if they are supplying the Japanese market...the uke makers may not like the pineapple but they sure seem to have a yen for supplying them to the Japanese market..

Along that line has anyone seen a Tony Schaeffer/Maunawili Uke..
Very cool looking..at least on the Japanese sites

I seriously wondered how uke makers could survive supplying tourists to the islands and the ocassional uke for a serious player.. I think I know...look to the land of the rising sun..

El Jefe

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2002 :  9:04:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
i read somewhere that the first larivee uke was made as a special order for a japanese collector. several thousand were ordered subsequently and the ones sold here -- on elderly.com and so forth -- were more or less over run stock. larivee has stopped making ukes now -- until the next japanese order, i guess.

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000