Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 La Honda CA kanikapila anyone?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  03:52:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha!

Does anyone have interest in a kanikapila on the day of Aloha In the Redwoods in La Honda Gardens, CA on August 29th, in a gorgeous redwood grove adjacent to the event (on the same private grounds)?

More info. about Aloha in the Redwoods: http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha04

There would be no additional charge to ticket holders to the event. Just a nice way for those who are gathering for aloha to have a chance to jam together in a very beautiful setting. (We would request kanikapila participants to purchase a concert ticket or make a donation to the Foundation, as this event is a school fundraiser).

Please post or email me directly at aloha @ karenshaff.com with feedback so I can make sure the spot is comfortable for those interested!

Mahalo!

Karen Shaff
Aloha in the Redwoods Event Coordinator
A Benefit for La Honda Educational Foundation

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  09:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Great idea Karen. I'm down. Coming all the way from NJ so we're looking forward to this event.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2004 :  11:13:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Hey Andy,

Great on the kanikapila! I started out my life in NJ too...been here in CA since '79, lived on Moloka'i in early '90's where I fell in love with Ki Ho'Alu!

See you at ALOHA in the REDWOODS!

Karen

quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Great idea Karen. I'm down. Coming all the way from NJ so we're looking forward to this event.

Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2004 :  10:46:46 PM  Show Profile
Of course, we too, would be very interested in any "Kanikapilikia"
which might be emanating from the Aura of Aloha in the Redwoods.

Tell us when and where to go. We can bring an old tent and some
old folks to go inside it, too.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 08/12/2004 10:48:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  02:44:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey, do you know what's really intense? Campers. (You have to say this out loud to get it.)

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 08/13/2004 02:45:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  03:21:18 AM  Show Profile
Heeheee
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  03:24:31 AM  Show Profile
Actually Karen, my husband Larry and I are hoping to be able to drive our self-contained 21' RV there so we can make merry and not drive those mountain roads afterwards. I don't like driving in the dark, eversince a poor deer ran out in front of me and I couldn't stop in time to keep from kiling her...
So are there places we can park?
Looking forward to the show, Julie
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2004 :  04:48:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Yes, Julie-

I can set you up with some options for RV camping in a beautiful spot!

And others too, if you like. I got permission from a property owner - but it will be nice to have an idea who and how many, just 'cause.

At the property there are several well-maintained porta-potties, but no running water (has to be brought in in containers, but knowing that ahead of time makes it easy to plan- nobody's backpacking are they?) It is a really wonderful, private spot and nobody will bother you there.

There are also several public campgrounds in the area, though you have to drive 10 minutes on the mountain roads to those.

And of course, the possibility of locals here in La Honda opening up their homes to slackers & uke'ers who play sweet island tunes is also another aloha possibility...no guarantees on this one as of now, but who knows...

I posted an update in the event forum earlier today about TICKET SALES beginning Saturday 8/14 at Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto, Music Hut in Half Moon Bay, and Woodside Village Pharmacy in Woodside, for those who might find it more convenient to purchase tickets at one of those locations, (but no ticket sales outlets in Santa Cruz or Felton area, sorry;-)

Well, now all of the planning can begin! It's going to be great!!!

See you there,

Karen

Go to Top of Page

ebige
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2004 :  11:55:46 AM  Show Profile
Sounds like a good time! Count me in.

Ed
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  02:21:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha folks,

New post on Kanikapila Aloha - La Honda Sun. AUG. 29 (as NEW TOPIC today...)

in short, kanikapila at La Honda Gardens from 12 -3 pm before Aloha in the Redwoods...and possibility for more after. I will set up a nice spot in the redwood grove which will be shady and comfortable.

Bring your guitars & uke's! Have fun!

Some camping available too, if needed after.

See my new post today too for more details...

or go to http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha04 for event & ticket details & directions.

Here's a copy of the newly posted info:

Aloha,

Bring your guitars & ukes anytime after 12 or 1 pm THIS SUNDAY to La Honda Gardens, 8865 La Honda Road, Behind Pioneer Market in La Honda, CA.

Looks like the consensus has it that we can easily do a kanikapila BEFORE the Aloha in the Redwoods fundraiser at La Honda Gardens. Space will also be available for evening kanikapila & / or camping for those interested. (contact me if you wish to camp and I will give details & options).

For all of the up-to-date details & downloadable directions to Aloha in the Redwoods, please check out the event website:

http://www.karenshaff.com/aloha04

I'll set up some chairs and a table in a nice shady grove beneath the redwoods, where you'll be comfortable and we'll go about the rest of our set-up for the Aloha in the Redwoods while you play magical music.

We encourage everyone to purchase Aloha in the Redwoods tickets in advance for $20 adult/ $10 youth (save $5/ticket buying in advance).

Tickets are still available at:

Palo Alto - Gryphon Stringed Instruments on Lambert St.
Woodside - Woodside Village Pharmacy on Woodside Road
Half Moon Bay - Music Hut on Main Street
La Honda - Pioneer Market; Coastside Veterinary Clinic

If these ticket locations are not convenient, or you wish to use a credit card and pick up tickets at will-call on the day of event, please call 650-747-9633.

Any questions, feel free to call, email or post here for quick and friendly answers!

650-747-9633
aloha @ karenshaff.com

Mahalo! See you there!!!

Karen Shaff
Aloha in the Redwoods
Event Coordinator
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2004 :  11:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha,

Just a quick head-up for anyone interested we will have a limited number of Dancing Cat Slack Key Masters T-shirts for sale/raffle at Aloha in the Redwoods on Sunday Aug. 29, generously donated by Dancing Cat for our Fundraising efforts. (MAHALO DANCING CAT!!!)

Dancing Cat has also donated some slack key CDs for this purpose, so be sure to stop by the La Honda Educational Foundation booth to see what else you can get and buy some raffle tickets!

All proceeds will benefit La Honda Educational Foundation for teachers, music programs and educational enrichment at La Honda Elementary School.

Have a great time!!!!

See you there,

Karen

Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  03:05:05 AM  Show Profile
Karen, thank you so much for all your hard work on this function. Great to see you in Santa Cruz last Sunday. I was glad to get my tickets, I'm in now!

We're looking forward to seeing old friends and making some music together. Maybe making some new friends as well. I hope some our members from the Ukulele Club of Santa Cruz will come.

Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  1:30:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I finally got my tickets. My family and I plan to be there for the kanikapila and concert. See you all there!

Gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000