Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 value of my Leonardo Nunes Radio Tenor ukulele
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

fg4045
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  10:27:37 AM  Show Profile
I just discovered a Leonardo Nunes Radio Tenor Uke in my 85 year old fathers attic. Does anyone know the value of a Uke like this.

Edited by - fg4045 on 08/19/2004 11:51:04 AM

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  1:02:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
you might try asking this question over at jim beloff's site, http://fleamarketmusic.com. there's a section over there with someone who knows a lot about old ukes.

good luck,
keith

Keith
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2004 :  1:21:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
If I recall correctly, someone here collects them or at least owns one and might be able to help out.

I think they're fairly rare.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

ukulelefan129
Aloha

6 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  5:40:26 PM  Show Profile
fg4045,
Like anything, much depends on condition and also the actual style of the instrument. Not all of the Radio Tenors were made the same way. They had 4 variations that I am aware of. Would you mind giving a description of your RT?
A Hui Ho
John
Go to Top of Page

fg4045
Aloha

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:21:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi John, Thanks for the reply. The ukulele is 23" long, Koa wood, it has inlaid wood around the soundhole, the perimiter of the upper body, up the middle of the lower body and up the end side. The ukulele is in incredible condition, it is hard to find a mark or scratch on it, and the wood has a beautiful sheen. It has the original label on the inside. It has been in the attic of my father-in-laws home which he has lived in all of his 85 years, and his father before that. I will be glad to send photos if you would give me an email address to send them. My email is: fgelfuso @ aol.com.

Thank you very much,
Frank
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000