Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 New Lost City Ramblers of Haw'n Music?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikaele
Aloha

7 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2004 :  4:07:19 PM  Show Profile
Posted - 08/20/2004 : 15:42:41
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aloha no, all you guys,

I live up in the West San Fernando Valley, CA. I da bugah wun write wun book on slack key cause all kine mess on wun forum. Besides getting that book back in shape when I have time, I'm also interested in forming a Hawaiian equivilant to The New Lost City Ramblers. This was a trio that played many different instruments that introduced pre-WW2 country/folk music to urban audiences. Hawai'i has a great musical tradition that includes chants, violin/flute duets, accordion, autoharp, mandolin, himenes, marches, waltz, etc that should be heard, as well as steel/slack key/'ukulele. I've done this twice with a trio that included my brother Bill, Leihua Ka'apana Nash, and myself. However, we had to reform each time we played!
Yes, I can play all the instruments, but not equally well and certainly not at the same time! Ideally the group would include 4, so we could do 4-part hymns. It'd be real nice to have a female voice/dancer/maybe 'ukulele, but it'd nice just to have anybody! My home phone is (818)999-3129. Work is (818) 756-9086.
'Elua makahiki ko'u i 'olelo Hawai'i in Manoa, aka, nui ka po'ina i Kaleponi. I sing, also, falesetto to emergency bass. I don't consider myself good--I used to play with Joe Keawe and others that I consider GREAT. Ua hala lakou. However, for the variety I want to do we just have to be good (not GREAT). It is also fun!

A hui hou no, Mika'ele McClellan

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2004 :  3:40:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Sounds like a ball! Too bad we live so far away, cuz I'd be in. There's some pretty cool stuff out there waiting to be played again, as you well know. Like the lost Hilo banjo style...

I wish you much luck and success... and I'm looking forward to hearing the results.

cheers,

Mark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000