Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Ozzie CD
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  11:57:53 AM  Show Profile
Does anyone know where I can find Ozzie's CD CLASSICAL SLACK

Steve

Russell Letson
`Olu`olu

USA
504 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  12:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Russell Letson's Homepage
Unless things have changed very recently, "Classical Slack" is an out-of-print LP--I've never seen any reference to a CD version. I'd love to hear otherwise, though.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  3:02:24 PM  Show Profile
Uh...

I probably don't know what I am letting myself in for but, in the interest of full and fair disclosure, and to show, yet again, what a great human being Oz is...

Ozzie had the one and only Master CD of it at AMC 2001 (Numero Uno). So, he thought it would help Sarah and me if we took it home to CT to listen to it and copy it and keep listening to it. This was becase several points he made during class referred to songs on it. So we did (very carefully) and I burned 2 copies; one for us, and one for Ozzie so that he would not have to endanger the Master again. Then we mailed back the 2 CDs to Oz with profuse thanks. He has them, and we have our copy.

Imagine! Just trusting that to us?

So, if you really want it, you must talk to Ozzie about it. That seems to me like part of the trust.

In addition, please understand that he might be disinterested in it (the CD). He said that he had not listened to it in a very long while (and there may be a few reasons why not.)

me ke aloha,

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  5:27:34 PM  Show Profile
Reid,

Thanks I will contact Ozzie about the Cd.

Steve
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  5:56:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Steve, your best bet is to ask Ozzie for permission to have Reid make you a copy...last time I emailed him about this he didn't know where his copy of the CD was.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

sbar15
Lokahi

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  7:32:15 PM  Show Profile
Craig,

Thanks I will check with Ozzie

Steve
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  11:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I saw Ozzie in concert a few years ago. He mentioned his album "Classical Slack" and said that George Winston wanted to reissue it. However it never happened because he was unable to get permission from the person who holds the rights to the recording.

Gary
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000