Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 A great big THANK-YOU to Lawrence!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  12:07:10 AM  Show Profile
Aloha all,

I was drudging my way through a huge cleaning job today (my whole house, except today it was my living room) and feeling a little down at the mouth, when I put on the CD that Lawrence made at George's Camp in 2003. I was instantly transported to that wonderfully laid-back place called the Mauian, surrounded by George, Carlos Andrade, Dennis and David Kamakahi, Keoki Kahumoki, Ozzie Kotani, Cyril Pahinui and a host of other campers, all trying to play as if we knew what we were doing!!! Then there was Auntie Edna, telling us the story about Pua Mana and her sister writing that song. I was in heaven again.

Thanks you so much for all your hard work on this CD, Lawrence, I know that it took a lot of time out of your otherwise chaotic life, what with all the changes you were going through...
Remind me, did I send you the $$ for this year's CD? I sure wouldn't want to miss out on that!

Hugs to you, you are DA BEST!

Julie

Edited by - Julie H on 09/04/2004 01:30:59 AM

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  10:42:24 PM  Show Profile

You are most welcome, Julie.

AND yes, were quite a few memorable moments last year.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2004 :  03:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Lawrence & Julie,
You know, I was just listening to and enjoying the 2002 CD's , and it reminded me I was supposed to send $$ for the 2003 ones. You still have one Lawrence?

Love that part where DannyBoy(11 years old then?) plays an amazing Silver Strings into Gold and george says "NEXT" ; tough act to follow!

Ross
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000