Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Moisture in the eye
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  6:28:32 PM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou,

Wow, the mystery of CDs appearing in the mail has been solved. Just last night I learned that my buddy Jim had posted news of my house fire on Taropatch. Prior to that, having lost the computer in the blaze, I was pretty much out of touch.

And when the first CDs arrived (won't say who sent the first ones, but his initials are RJS and he has nui loa postings on this board...), I couldn't even call or email him. So, figuring he had meant to send them to someone else, I mailed a letter telling him I had not opened them, and also mentioned that I had lost the house.

So then more CDs arrived; Mark, Andy, Jim, mahalo to you all, and since mail is being forwarded, I may have more folks to thank as it finally catches up to the new address. When the explanation arrived, I was kind of speechless and choked up.

There have been some really helpful people since our loss, but this gesture touches me in a very personal way--some of you I haven't even met, and yet you are kind enough to send that sweet music that we all love.

Jim mentioned that the guitar was spared. It was a few days before I could calm down enough to pick it up, but what therapy, and what a symbol of things that truly matter.

So now you all have to stop, since any more and I am going to get emotional. I owe you alla big debt of gratitude.

Aloha pumehana,

Bill
Formerly of Heladsburg, now of Windsor

E holo mua
Bill

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:46:06 AM  Show Profile
Oh Bill, my heart goes out to you. I was ready to send you a whole lot of music, but I think I'll wait until you can get your equilibrium back. I hope all your family members are OK. It was such a treat to meet you at Keola's concert in Sebastopol, I was shocked when I realized it was you who lost your house.

I have a very good friend who works in the bakery at Raley's in Windsor. Should you ever need a really good cup of coffee, ask for Judy. She'll knock your socks off with that caffeine.

With aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  01:00:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by lat21north

So now you all have to stop, since any more and I am going to get emotional. I owe you alla big debt of gratitude.
Hi Bill,

Glad you received the CD. Good to hear that you and your family are getting back on your feet. I cannot even imagine going through it.

The CD is nothing. Simply trying to do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  01:48:48 AM  Show Profile
Bill,
If there's anything I can do for you, let me know.
Raymond
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  12:28:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Hey Bill, there's more on the way!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

lat21north
Aloha

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2004 :  11:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo again,

You folks are the best. Hope we have many good times in the future.

Bill

E holo mua
Bill
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000