Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Mahalo Led
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  4:02:49 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Kakou,
Last Wednesday I was flying out of Kahului to Honolulu. When I got to the Hawaiian Air holding area there was Ledward sitting right out in the open and tuning his guitar. Well, not being shy, I pulled up a seat right behind him. He and his wahine were returning home from playing to a sold out performance at the Ritz for George's Masters of Hawaiian Slack Key GuitarĀ Concert Series. While waiting for our flight, Ledward treated us by playing about 4 instrumental songs, then sang for the last 2 before packing up to get on the plane ~ WOW ~ it was so special!!! He had most of the holding area applauding by the time he was done. Wish you all could have been there!
Aloha, >^..^<

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  4:24:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha e kitty! you guyz have all the luck. i bet that when you went home, you had to suffer through listening to keali`i practice...

did you make it to hana for tbe big show?

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  08:31:39 AM  Show Profile
And... I'll bet that Kevin and Sheldon were playing downstairs at OGG...

So, Kitty, did you call David up to come listen, too?

me ke aloha,

Reid
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  8:11:08 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith and Reid,
It was fun! I tried callng David, but he was busy working and couldn't get away...he heard all about it from the gate agents. We didn't make it out to Hana, but hope they had fun....any reports Duke, Kevin, Sheldon, Bob??. We stayed home that day and treated ourselves to a musical massage from Alika Sound Healing Maui .com
Malama Pono, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2004 :  9:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Kitty

Wish you and kawika could've made it.

Malama Pono
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page