Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Patrick Landeza at Great American Music Hall
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2004 :  11:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
Its been posted in an other forum that Patrick, Cyril Pahiniu and Sally Van Meter will be in concert 11/5 at the Great American Music Hall in San Francisco. However you may not know that Patrick will be playing some of the songs that are on his new CD, (Ku'u Honua Mele)to be released in the spring of 05, at this concert.

Earlier this year I was privileged to hear some of the raw recordings before all the mixes. Even in this raw state it was absolutely awesome. Its a Patrick you have not heard before, and it will take your breath away to hear him play in this style. Besides being accompanied by Cyril Pahinui, Dennis Kamakahi, Herb Ohta Jr, George Winston, Sally Van Meter and Bobby Black on the CD, I hear Gabby, and Sonny and Ray and all the great ones in Patricks playing.

Getting a preview of some of thesongs on the new CD, and hearing live the playing of a very talented Patrick Landeza in a style you have not heard him play before will be a real treat.

I'm coming up from San Diego for this and I encourage you that are anywhere close to make this show. Lets all get chicken skin together.

Edited by - Ianui on 11/01/2004 11:42:09 AM

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  1:03:07 PM  Show Profile
Can you bring me back a card board cutout of Patrick?
(I already have the Hung one)
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  2:38:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
(I already have the Hung one)

ROFLOL - Rik that can be a very amusing statement. I didn't realize you guys were so close.

Edited by - Ianui on 11/03/2004 2:40:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2004 :  4:21:20 PM  Show Profile
I guess looking back on that statement, it does look akward. Erase-Erase
Anyways...back to Slack Key stuff!!
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  06:11:01 AM  Show Profile
I may not have known who Sally Van Meter was yesterday, but I sure do now. Her performance along with Patrick and Cyril was utterly amazing. The show had to be one of the best Slack Key shows I've seen in years. Plenny Mahalos for that one.

Don, I looked for you, brah. Where you hide?

Ke akua pu,

Dave

Edited by - `Ilio Nui on 11/06/2004 06:12:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2004 :  2:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
I was sitting along the wall on the right. Shucks I didn't see you either and am so sorry we missed each other.

We certainly agree that Sally's playing was great. I will admit I was a little skeptical about slack key and a dorbo but her playing was superb. How about that "Blue Hawaiian Moonlight" that she and Cyril played?

Sally playing an Irish folk song accompined by Cyril and Kit Madrid on bass is something one has to hear. Bobby Santos on Congas added to an ecletic mix of sounds and songs.

I hate to keep using the word great but Patrick was great. Love those new songs from his soon to be realeasd CD. Its already a must have with me.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000