Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Joel Eckhaus to kick off Live Web Event series in
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  10:21:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
Joel Eckhaus, master luthier and performer, will be joining me in the “CGDA Live Play Room” in the Music group on www.paltalk.com soon. Joel Eckhaus will unveil his new model tenor guitar, and pictures will be available on his web page – www.earnestinstruments.com. He will answer your questions and speak on luthiery and music. He will also play some tunes on both tenor guitar and ukulele.

paltalk requires a free program download to use, speakers on your computer, and a microphone. If you have a cassette recorder, the mic from that probably will be fine. Tech support is available through paltalk.com I advise you try the program and site out in advance of the event if you wish to participate. I am in no way affiliated with paltalk.com beyond being a registered user of this internet resource.

Joel Eckhaus is a living musical American treasure. His instruments display the highest craftsmanship, and wit and design sense that are unique. His musical performances are great fun.

Our final date for this musical web event has yet to be selected. However, it will be soon and I want to give folks plenty of time to do the download, etc.

After the session with Joel Eckhaus, the room will stay open for an “open mic” session for an hour or 2, depending on the numbers of people who want to play live. Please, no recordings or karaoke.

This is the first in a series of live musical web events I will be presenting. These events are meant to promote an appreciation of ukulele and tenor guitar, and to allow us to interact with the finest creators of both music and instruments. These events are free. They will be moderated to make certain that the maximum number of people are able to enjoy themselves and participate.

Prospective future guests are Jim Beloff and Dale Webb (designer of the Fluke), Richard Hefner, one of the most successful artists on mp3.com and founder of ezfolk.com, and Hollywood composer and music producer Dan “Soybean” Sawyer.

If anybody knows how to get in touch with Janet Klein or Ian Whitcomb, or would like to nominate someone to be a guest in this series, please contact me at ukejackson1 @ yahoo.com Sorry, I don’t provide tech advice on the use of paltalk.com

all dates and times for this series of web events will be announced on this bulletin board as they are confirmed. Thanks for your attention. See you on the web.

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  2:06:20 PM  Show Profile
Oh, this sounds exciting.

I hope the mic-less can audit the broadcasts. I also hope my dial-up connection can bring across some of the activity.
I feel it's not too likely.

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2002 :  10:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
Pauline,
actually, i have my dial up modem set for 28.8 kb and i get and send fine sound. you must have a mic somewhere? don't know about mic-less on paltalk.com. i do know about mac-less, as it seems the paltalk program does not support mac, which is a disappointment.

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000