Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 uke sale
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2002 :  01:37:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
hey folks, richard hefner has some really cool ukes -- akulele and flukes -- for sale on his www.ezfolk.com

best prices i've seen on these.
peace, uj
ps. tell him i sent ya!

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  04:48:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
These are banjoleles,NOT ukuleles. Therefore not ukes.
Sorry, am shopping for ukuleles and was disappointed. The website also asked for my email address in no time. Even more disappointed.

ed
Go to Top of Page

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2002 :  11:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
hi ed, yes, there are some banjo ukes for sale now. the akuleles and flukes sold out, according to richard hefner, whose site it is. to avoid disappointment, act more quickly. for more info on these ukes, check www.worldfrets.com (akulele) and www.fleamarketmusic.com (fluke)

don't know about the ezfolk.com site asking for your email. why? is it like top secret? how do you post on this site without giving up that info?
uke jackson

Uke Jackson, from farmers markets to festival mainstages, from crossroads cafes to cosmopolitan cabarets
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2002 :  05:38:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha UkeJackson,

I looked at my post again; it did sound sarcastic, isn't it? I apologize.

With regards to email, I gave it here because it would be an exciting site to receive email from. Commercial Sites, well, that's another matter.

Keep up the good work, promoting the ukes, whatever shape they are. "It's the music, not the instrument", I remember my unknown but incredible Ukulele teacher in Maui telling me that long time ago.

Ed

ed
Go to Top of Page

ukejackson
Akahai

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2002 :  5:30:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit ukejackson's Homepage
Ed, mine probably sounded just as sarcastic. i like the quote. btw, ezfolk.com does sell some instruments, and has links to lots of merch, it's true. it's also a great resource for tabs and playalong recordings of lots of songs -- all free.

richard is quite the uke promoter himself. he recently gave away a uke a week for 10 weeks -- no strings attached. i've been clicking on his site for over a year. we've exchanged personal emails about ukulele, and he posted a couple of the charts to my original uke songs. but i've never received a solicitation or spam of any kind.

if you come to the uke expo in october, be sure to check out the akulele. incredible sounding instrument, only available in soprano size or taropatch.

anyway, good ro hear from you.
uj

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000