Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 My Ku' uipo can play?!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  1:14:01 PM  Show Profile
The coolest thing happened last night.
It had been a long hard day at work, kinda stessful, so after I had come home; done all the honey-do's, walked the Zoom-ster, and made dinner, I just decided to call it a night and go to bed early.
As I was drifting off to that happy place, I heard Slack Key music. Ozzie's Kani Ki Ho 'Alu to be exact. Sounded really good, over & over again. I thought that maybe Mrs. Slkho was into my CD's again.
Lo & behold my Ku'uipo was actually playing slack key. I had showed her previously some slack key stuff, (how to read tab and such) walked her through this song a couple of times. She practiced but I didn't think she would pursue it. She's an avid ukulele player.
Well she obviously must of been practicing secretly, ( that little kolohe) because she sounded pretty darn good. I was so proud of her was the last thing I remembered before passing off to dreamland.
Next morning over coffee I gave her well deserved praise, I was very impressed. Guy's, we may just have another Slack Key player in the making!
If I can get onto TP that would cool. Not sure what here username would be...obviously I can't call her Lilho now can I?
pau,
slkho

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2004 :  5:38:36 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Not sure what here username would be..

How about oz

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  04:46:11 AM  Show Profile
Nah, that name's taken already. I'll just have to let her discover something unique. She loves flowers, maybe she'll incorporate pua into her title?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  07:23:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Puaho?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  07:40:26 AM  Show Profile
Puaho, nice one. I'll pass that one on.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: