Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Hawaiian Music at the iTunes Music Store
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2004 :  2:41:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
The selection of Hawaiian music at the iTunes Music Store is slowly growing, so if you're an iTunes user be sure to check it out. If you're not, you may want to look into it. iTunes is a free download from Apple and the iMS allows you to purchase individual tracks for $0.99 each and most full CDs for $9.99. The downloaded files are AAC format but can be burned to CD and converted to MP3 or other formats if so desired. In any case, here are a few of the Hawaiian artists you can find there:

Daniel Ho
Brother Iz
Mark Nelson
The Brothers Cazimero
Bla Pahinui
Sonny Lim
Ken Emerson
Na Leo
John Keawe
Cindy Combs
George Kahumoku, Jr.
Keoki Kahumoku
Brother Noland
Hapa
Kohala
Alfred Apaka
Dennis Pavao
Keola Beamer
Sol Hoopi
Amy Hanaiali`i & Willie K
and of course...Don Ho!

The only downside is that there is no Hawaiian category, so you have to search a little to find what's there. And you can listen to 30 second snippets of each song, so even if you prefer to buy the CD it's still a great place to browse!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 11/08/2004 2:44:35 PM

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
There's also a "suggest an artist" button somewhere at the iTunes store, and it'd be great if we all loaded it up with other Hawai`ian artists, don't you think? I usually do when I'm pokin' around there.
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2004 :  4:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Good idea. I also just noticed 9 tracks from "A Taro Patch Christmas" by Ozzie Kotani and Steve Sano are available.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000