Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Recording Announcements & Reviews
 Led Kaapana Video
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  12:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Does anyone have the Led Kaapana Homespun Tape instructional video, and if so, what do you like it? I'm looking for some new inspiration.

Mahalo!

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  1:18:10 PM  Show Profile
I like it very much, although I haven't learned the tunes. It's a great way to see Led play close up. Check the reviews:
http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  1:20:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I thought the Led video was a perfect progression from the Ozzie book. I do "Slack Key Lullaby," "Ku`u Ipo," and "E Lili`u E" often and I keep promising myself I'll go back and get "Slack Key Medley."

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2004 :  4:40:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
I agree with what Fran and Dusty said. Even if you don't learn the tunes it will give you some very good ideas on improvising and developing variations on a melody.

Gary
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  05:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
It's a great tape. I just wish I could get it on DVD so that I could FF and Rewind without all the VHS hassle. (Not to mention the fact that the VCR has been replaced with a TiVo).

Slack Key Lullabye is one of my favorite pieces these days.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  05:55:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I like this video a lot too. I hadn't thought about it but it seems that a lot of my playing reflects things picked up off of this video. I like it because not only does it teach you real songs but you get some good insight in to Led's style.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  08:05:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
What they said.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

rossasaurus
Lokahi

USA
306 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  10:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Send rossasaurus a Yahoo! Message
I love this tape too; just wish it was on DVD so I could slow it down-too fast for me to follow.

Ross
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1020 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  1:44:02 PM  Show Profile
Hey Cpatch,
I know you have this capability - what's required for those of us with the Led VHS to do our own DVD?
Go to Top of Page

Pops
Lokahi

USA
387 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  2:45:48 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo, all for the input. Looks like I'll let to tell Santa about dis one!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000