Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Bread Run Tee Shirt
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  2:58:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
aloha all,

so, what are we going to do about having a molokai bread run tee shirt this year? i have an idea for a design... should we have a call for proposals?

i've had tee shirts printed before and so volunteer to take care of that part - but, maybe there is an official AMC tee shirt company?

keith

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  4:07:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mark Nelson is currently printing t-shirts at cafepress.com, i think.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  4:11:30 PM  Show Profile
good idea - we need more than one t-shirt, of course.
Mark said the new logo would be available after Thanksgiving - must already have the logo if he's printing the shirts -
keith - probably don't need all the options as the official camp shirts.
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  5:24:27 PM  Show Profile
Keith,

I hope it has Bruddah Kevin dippin' it in hot cocoa. I know we talked about it last year and it's a great idea. There's a picture of me and Kev dippin' on the camp website. I know Rich Cook has bakery pictures that would work too. I think we need five "Founding Members" shirts, then new ones for this year.

What a fun night that was and then we played til 3:00. Sweet notes floating into the starry night while everyone else was moe. And the Pueo that blessed our trip while listened to old time rock and roll.

Let's do it brah,

Kawika (in honor of Kevin)
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2004 :  9:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Kawika,

I'm glad you all have trust in me, I remember that night as we walked down the alley, someone asked me to take the point because, it was dark and not sure if i was setting a trap, haa! haa! remember that???

Maybe this time we can take orders for the others that might not have the chance to do the run, they can give there money and give us there order, and we can do the bread run for them as well. ( i have a feeling they'll want to do it themselves.)

In the week we'll be there, just imagine if we all bought out the molokai bread, that would be there quota for the year. :)

Bread Run Schedule: Tuesday thru Sunday. 10pm. ( No bread on Mondays.)
Hey kawika if we want to go the whole 9 yards, cocoa in a bowl, not cup!
aaaagh! jus made myslef hungry!!!!!!

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin.....

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  04:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
You guys are killing me with all this Molokai bread talk! Kevin did set a trap. You guys are addicted to the bread.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  05:15:40 AM  Show Profile
So Andy -
Are you coming to camp?
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  05:38:14 AM  Show Profile
Addicted to the bread? No, just carbo loading. It's a long run, especially up and down the dirt road.

Honestly, Kevin is absolutely correct. I thought he'd set us up. First you pull onto the main street of Kaunakakai at about 11:00 and it's completely dark and all rolled up. Faintly in the distance you see people milling around (it is the nightlife). We park and four extremely white haole boys get out of the car led by one amazing Hawaiian. He leads us to an alley that then leads to another alley. The second alley is dimly lit with psychedelic painting on the wall. I'm thinking, "What has he gotten us into?" At the end is a whiteboard with all the bread choices. At the bottom it says "Be kind to the man at the door". The door is double swing oak planks that creaks when it opens (not unlike the castle doors in an old black and white horror movie) with a small light bulb overhead hanging from the wires. Then Igor appears and says, "Can I take your order?" If you're not fast enough with more than one order (and we weren't) the door immediately closes and Igor doesn't reappear for about five minutes. Next time we were ready.

Of course, I was driving and the boys had to eat their bread in the car while all I could do was smell it. I didn't think I'd make it back to Kaupoa (45 mins). It was close to 1:00 by the time we got back. That's when the party began with Bruddah Kev teaching us The Way Of Bread and Cocoa. Wow! What a fun night.

Addicted? No not me, but I'm ready to go again.

Kawika
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2004 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
well, i just let kevin and dave lead the way. they're both pretty impsing looking guys, and i figured someone had to watch our backs.

ah, the danger of the seamy, mysterious underbelly of the big, umm, noni, kaunakakai.

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  08:05:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Auntie Nancy

So Andy -
Are you coming to camp?
auntie

Good question. Sadly, nothing planned at this moment so it doesn't looks like I'll be attending any camps this year.

Trying to deploy funds elsewhere like perhaps a business/pleasure trip to Asia in early '05.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2004 :  6:44:04 PM  Show Profile
OK Keith,
The pressure's on - nothing else to do while school's out, is there (tee hee).
I like the little short shirts to show the bellies - fits w/ new shirt design too!!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2004 :  06:00:22 AM  Show Profile
ohanabrown sez"

quote:
Maybe this time we can take orders for the others that might not have the chance to do the run,

Do you guys deliver?

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  09:11:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
Getting back to T shirts -

I'll be happy to add bread run T's to the Aloha Camp online store. That way we can make them available to any and all - and we can use the logo. (& you don't have to print up dozens in order to get a decent price.)

In fact, I'd told Dog I'd do this last fall & completely forgot. "A mind is a terrible thing to waste... or not to ever have a mind." (prizes for knowing the source of that quote..)

And yes, we can do "I survived the 1st Bread Run" or whatever you guys want.

Send me the art work via snail mail or e-mail (150 dpi or better, full sized best. and grafix format, I can translate) and I'll get it up and ready to go.

I'd rather have this part of the camp, but if you guys want to do it own your own, that's cool, too.

cheers,

Bob
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  10:19:57 AM  Show Profile
quote:
"A mind is a terrible thing to waste... or not to ever have a mind." (prizes for knowing the source of that quote..)

Given that he is a Hoosier, I am not certain I want to admit to knowing the source of that particular quote...

I gotta tell ya, Bob, after spending the last few hours shoveling snow (and having the wind blow back into my face a significant portion of what I throw off the driveway, giving new meaning to the term "snow shower"), that February Camp idea sure is sounding fine. I am trying to thaw out with some cocoa, but I sure do wish I had the bread to go with it!

Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  10:35:30 AM  Show Profile
Bob,

If I send you a picture that's 1.5 mb will your steam powered modem handle it? Rich Cook took a great pic that would work well and I modified it with some lettering. Putting it on CafePress would be a great way to go,

Dog
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2004 :  2:52:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage
The elves have been working overtime (hey, I guess there's not much to do after the Big Guy starts the delivery route..).

Breadrun '05 T shirts are up at the Aloha Camp Store http://www.cafepress.com/alohacampstore.

There's also a special edition '04 shirt for those brave and hardy few who truly understand the meaning of "dip 'em in hot chocolate." You know who you are.

cheers,
Mark
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000