Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 New Kanikapila - SW LA - south bay, Gardena
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  06:46:32 AM  Show Profile
Aloha!
Local Haole would like to host kanikapila in local area. Anyone out there from PV, Torrance, south bay, Gardena, Playa del Rey ETC interested? Available virtually any afternoon or evening that's convenient. So far we have 2 aerospace retirees.....
Mahalo -
Auntie

nancy cook

SoCalHaole
Aloha

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2004 :  10:39:56 AM  Show Profile
Auntie!

Count me in. Weekends are best for me. Anyone like sing and play on a Saturday night?
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  05:48:35 AM  Show Profile
For those of you TP-er's and slack key players in the L.A. area.
This past Sunday me and Mrs. Slkho were in Redondo BeachTorrance/Gardena area for the local Cruz Hawaiiana expo, and grinds. We stopped by Island Legends, ( a hawaiian store). I striked up a conversation with a person there by the name of Doug, who as it turns out, plays Slack Key. Doug is very good, (plays a Goodall guitar). I told him if he didn't mind I would give him a "shout out" to all you TP-er's who might be interested in dropping by and connecting with him.
I think the L.A. slackers are always looking for new people to connect and jam with so here you go.
pau,
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  06:21:24 AM  Show Profile
You can also contact Uncle Chuck Mahi Ka`imikaua. He's in the south bay somewhere. His business card says email at SlackkeymastersATyahoo.com. Replace the AT with @ .

you can email me for his phone number.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2004 :  11:07:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wdf

You can also contact Uncle Chuck Mahi Ka`imikaua.

Another great place to meet and get something organized in the LA area will be at Patrick Landeza's Hawiian Music Institute which is at Whittier College in January.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  4:12:09 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo to all of you for your help and suggestions. I will be at Patrick's class in Whittier. I called Uncle Chuck, and didn't receive encouragement..... But I left flyers for ki ho'alu kanikapila interest, along w/ the Whittier flyer and there is some interest both in MB and Gardena. I was told that Dan Ho took an e-mail list and was going to get something together, but he's too busy so it never happened. Is he lurking here in the 'Patch? If not, I'll bet someone knows how to contact him... I'm hoping he'll share that list.
Meanwhile, yes I'm practicing, and yes it's perfectly clear that I'm not a "natural", but I'm sluggng away non-the-less and really appreciate all the help and support!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  4:54:22 PM  Show Profile
Daniel Ho's email address is on his website, http://www.danielho.com/.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  6:19:26 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo Dusty!
Daniel is encouraging Doug Katsumoto to kani ka pila at the Island Legends shop in Gardena. It's just off the 110 Fwy so easy access from affar. So far no dates set, so stay tuned.
FYI: Daniel and George Kahumoku jr will have classes May 7th and 8th in LA, with concert 4pm on the 8th.
mahalo nui loa - hasta man~ana!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000