Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Happy Holidays!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:10:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone. I'm working on a very untraditional Hawaiian album and need a fiddle player for one of my songs. Ever since I heard "Little Grass Shack" on the Taro Patch CD I was convinced that the fiddle sound is a must for me. Any fiddle players out there please contact me. (laride @ hawaii.edu)

Mahalos and Aloha!

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  11:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Mainkaukau,

Lynette was just asking me last week, "What happened to Mainkaukau?" Sounds like you're keeping busy. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  12:23:31 PM  Show Profile
You now, fiddle was common in Hawaiian music before the slide guitar took its place. Not sure where you live, but if you're near UofH == try placing a note on the board at the music dept.
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  12:54:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I'm not sure about this, but I bet you could get the virtuoso himself, Gordon Burt, for the price of a plane ticket from Colorado. Give it a shot!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  1:34:31 PM  Show Profile

You can probably get him even cheaper than that if you send him the rhythm track and have him send back his part!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2004 :  2:11:42 PM  Show Profile
Eh, but a chance to get out of cold Colorado in the middle of winter? What more excuse would he need??

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  11:59:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Mahalo for the replies. I'll email Gordon and see if we can make something happen. Although my album in not in the Hawaiian language I consider it a true reflection of Hawaii's culture today. I'd like to thank the Taropatch gang for all the information and inspiration you all have provided throughout the years. Yes, I have been very busy lately but if ever on Oahu send me a email if you'd like to kanikapila. You never can tell...Have a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year Everyone! Aloooooooooooooha!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000