Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Diego Feast - ival
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  12:38:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
The Southern California Slack Key Society will be having a gathering on 12/18 in the Oceanside/San Marcos area of San Diego County. Its a potluck and the menu looks great. Brother Ken has the best home brew ever, and we will be sampling some. So lots of music, lots of eats, and lots of fun with wdf, marzullo, chunky monkey, ianui, cpatch, auntie nancy, slkho, tucsonBob and others.

If you are in the area and would like to join us send an e-mail and I'll give direction. Bring spouse and sig others (please not both at the same time)

Offers to bring food will not be declined

Edited by - Ianui on 12/09/2004 12:41:42 PM

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  5:25:12 PM  Show Profile
Who's bringing the SPAM?
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  5:44:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hey nancy, don't you know that spam musubi is unhealthy? all those rice carbs!

(true story - my brother was really interested in trying it until i got two, one for him and one for me - he saw the rice and said "oh no, i can't eat that!")

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  7:15:48 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Keith!
That's funny. My neph gets up every AM to make that stuff fresh for his coffee cart at the county office in Wailuku. It started as his small business for his MBA thesis and the last I knew, he still hadn't gotten rid of it. It's too popular. But I know how to make those puppies. But by the way, have you seen the price of Spam??
Have a wonderful time on Big Island!! HOpe you enjoy the water -
I swam out today and it's getting darned cold on this side... but the dolphins are enjoying it.
see you in a week!!
as Dusty would say Mucho Aloha!!!
n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2004 :  07:06:53 AM  Show Profile
The house is going to be rockin!! Can't wait to hear & play all that beautiful slack key.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2004 :  8:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo nui loa to Kiniki for hosting a Fine Kanikapila!
Ianui - get better very fast!!!
Rik, you missed the hula lesson.
It's terrific meeting so many more SDSKS folks; what a nice bunch! and what sweet music. Thanks to all for the ono ono kaukau!! and mahalo for your continuing help! The Christmas songbook was such a great idea, and several had practiced so we could sing caroles. By the way, it was about 80 and we could see almost to Big Island - or at least Catalina and San Clemente.
Mele Kalikimaka!!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000