Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Any small network experts in Taropatch.net land?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  12:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Okay, here's a stretch. Just curious if there are any networking experts out there. I'm looking to set up a server (with Small Business Server 2003 as the operating system.) 5-6 PCs.

Should be pretty straight forward but maybe someone out there can offer their consulting services to help set it up? I would guess that this could be done remotely so it doesn't matter where you are geographically.

Andy

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2004 :  3:03:28 PM  Show Profile
Well, when it comes to networks and you want a small network expert,
then I am you man !

My network expertise is very very small,

....in fact vanishingly small !

I know nothing about TCPIP, base 10, base 100, routers, hubs and
switches. Plus I know nothing about protocols, DNS or anonymous
remailers for that matter. Not to mention Cayman Island holding
companies.

Good luck and have fun, should be plug & pray - right ?

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Stringbreaker
Akahai

USA
62 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2004 :  11:54:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Stringbreaker's Homepage
Hello there.

When I am not breaking strings, I work as a network administrator. What did you have in mind and how far are you willing to take the set up. By this I mean are you going to open the walls to intall the wiring, have remote locations, things like that. Setting up the network is fairly easy if you ahve all the hardware and software. In addition to the network, are you going to be serving remote users, hosting a site, and so on. The real issue is what you want to do with the site, as too often the trick is to turn off the features you don't want, to preserve security.
I am willing to consult on this. I am based in Portland, so I have no idea how you want to go about this. Contact me and we'll talk.

Stringbreaker

Crazy Man Tuning
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000