Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Christmas travel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2004 :  11:22:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
As the old Handel tune from The Messiah goes; Honolulu! Honolulu, Honolulu, Honolulu, etcc ad nausem. Anyway that is the Alaskan version and it can only mean we are going to Hawaii over christmas break (my wife is a teacher and we are sort of limited to that time frame). We will be on Hawaii, near Kona from Dec. 23 to Dec. 30, then on Kauai, in Kapaa from Dec 30 to Jan 8.
I was wondering if anyone is going to be around over the holidays for jams, lessons, visiting, whatever. We will have a car in both places, and by Alaskan standards a drive around any one of the islands is but a walk in the park, so we would be happy to travel to any place on either island.
I've never met any of you folks, but i sure would like to get to know you, and learn and play more if you are not too full of holiday matters.
Anyone with suggestions on where and who might be playing would also be appreciated. I know of mele.com and konaweb.com

Karl
Frozen North

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  05:58:46 AM  Show Profile
Karl,

While on Hawaii you might try to contact John Keawe for a lesson and/or catch one of his shows. Check out "johnkeawe.com". Also, KonaBob is a wonderful resource.

Have a happy and WARM Christmas and New Year.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Maria
Ha`aha`a

USA
1918 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  06:40:48 AM  Show Profile
Even though Bob and I don't kanikapila, we'd sure like to meet you during your Kaua`i visit. Heck, I'll even throw in a free tour of KKCR radio if you want!

Email me, 'kay?

Auntie Maria
===================
My "Aloha Kaua`i" radio show streams FREE online every Thu & Fri 7-9am (HST)
www.kkcr.org - Kaua`i Community Radio
"Like" Aloha Kauai on Facebook, for playlists and news/info about island music and musicians!

Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2004 :  07:03:06 AM  Show Profile
Hey Karl,

Where will you be staying on Kaua`i? Sheila and I will be flying over there on January 3rd. We'll be at the Islander on the Beach, south of Kapa`a near the Coconut Marketplace.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  1:35:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Rats, looks like I will just miss you guys. I will be on Kauai from the 23rd to the 30th. It is always nice to meet more folks from the BB sites.
Dominator

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2004 :  09:56:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage
aloha and thanks for the timely replies.
Dave, I already have a lesson lined up with John Keawe and hope to see some of his shows as well. And am planning to visit Konabob as well.
Auntie Maria, it will be a pleasure to meet you both.
Dusty, we will be just north of the Coconut Marketplace, name of the condo escapes me at the moment but I will let you know before we go so we can meet there. there is a resaurant in the Coconut Marketplace owned by the Kinimaka family, and Titus K. plays there occassionally. Hope to see you soon.

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000