Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Taropatch.net Miscellaneous
 Announcements, Feedback, Suggestions
 It's snowing!!! Keep it or get rid of it?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  4:09:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Poll Question:
I thought some snow would be fun and in the spirit of the season. Maybe those in the islands will enjoy some cyber-snow?

The plan is to keep it through December.

(Please vote before viewing the results.)

Results:
Keep it. It is nice to have some seasonal snow in the forum.   [90%] 19 votes
Get rid of it. This snow is annoying and unnecessary.   [10%] 2 votes

Poll Status: Locked  »»   Total Votes: 21 counted  »»   Last Vote: 12/23/2004 5:35:41 PM 

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  5:10:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
I like it. Hopefully, it will encourage some white stuff to fall in the mountains out here.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

MahinaM
Lokahi

USA
389 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  5:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit MahinaM's Homepage
It's so cool Andy! I love it!
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2004 :  10:26:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I bet one of the Alaska guys voted against it!

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  02:42:45 AM  Show Profile
Snow on the screen is OK, it is the stuff I had to shovel a few days ago (and Sarah had to drive through and caused the 70 car pile-up in PA) that I'm against. Here in CT, snow is never something you can play in. But, Maria's reaction (ocular floaters) was the funniest. And, Andy, always thinking, is the cleverest.

...Reid
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  04:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Pretty cool for those of us who've never seen snow on Christmas. But I agree w/ Reid - it belongs in cyberspace unless you're skiing.
Auntie Maria - I hope your floaters go away when Andy makes the snow go away...
Kalikimaka almost here!
Note: we're past the solstice so they days are getting longer here in the northern hemisphere.
auntie n

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  04:35:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
... i like it! we miss living in upstate new york with the snow (but don't miss the weeks and weeks of frozen mud).

so my brother-in-law john is a competitive x-c racer, and had the opportunity a few years ago to meet the legendary bill koch (one of the promoters of the use of skating in racing). bill got john turned onto sand skiing (http://www.sandskiing.com/) and so we've spent a few early mornings down at big beach (makena state park) practicing our skiing. it's a lot of fun, and it's guaranteed to get rid of that nasty base prep!

aloha, keith
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  05:59:26 AM  Show Profile
It's interesting how it only appears near the top of the thread and makes the insertion cursor (when making a reply) shimmer.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 12/22/2004 :  06:28:34 AM  Show Profile
I like the snow effect, I think I'm partial though. My last name, Nieves, means snow. Plus I was born in the wintertime back in Massachusetts. Talk about cold, try the winters in Boston. Keith's right about upstate NY, you have to shovel snow just to find your car!I've noticed the shimmer effect too Dusty.(maybe our computers are shivering from the cyber cold).
Andy, I wonder if you can make little dancing slack key guitar icons? H-m-mmm?
-slkho

p.s. glad its not yellow snow flakes (yuk-yuk)
Go to Top of Page

Bill Neubauer
Aloha

USA
34 Posts

Posted - 12/23/2004 :  5:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bill Neubauer's Homepage
from Bill from Buffalo - might as well keep it - it ain't all that much. It's fun to try and catch them on your tongue.

Kika Pila
Go to Top of Page

Saint
Aloha

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2004 :  4:35:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Saint's Homepage
Snow,Cool, Creative, Keep it Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2004 :  10:06:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Yes, that was fun, but I got tired of the snow. Hey, it's fun to control online weather.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000