Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Palo Alto Benefit Concert!!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  7:33:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Tanks big time Dave, but actually anyone who sends me money this time, it goes straight to the cause (next time, perhaps one small Hawai'ain island, no, yea!). Yeah, this event is shapping up to be really cool: surprize guests, great music, aloha, and the kids in the nursery school are so happy to be doing something to offer kokua to our global familly. Please come and join the glow!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2005 :  08:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Looking forward to being with our taropatch family at tonight's concert! Peter recorded a delightful 90 second promotional voiceover the concert poster with one of the nursery school children that has been broadcast over 4 local public access TV stations for the past two weeks. In it he mentions that the music will be provided by several "taropatchers." Every time I hear his voice, I smile. Two people who can't attend the concert tonight told me they are mailing me checks made out to Oxfam; one of them is my mother who lives out of state! Mahalo nui loa! See everyone soon!

Aloha,
Pulelehua

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  06:36:36 AM  Show Profile
For those of you who missed this event, especially those for the Bay Area, we had a wonderful evening. I am honored to have been a part of it and humbled by the talent that surrounded me.

Bwop and the whole Wing `ohana, plus the Unity Church did a bangup job and hold a special place in my heart. Mahalo nui.

Ke akua pu,

Dave
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:13:58 AM  Show Profile
It was, indded, a great time. What impressed me most was that each performance had its own style or character. I felt honored to be a part of the evening.
BWOP and company did a great job of pulling it together. "A lei of mahalo" to all of you.
And...the evening garnered a nice contribution to Oxfam for tsunami relief.
It's always great to do what you love and "make a difference"
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  11:29:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
ALOHA ALL!
I can't thank all of you enough for such an amazing and successful show! Our performers were spectacular, it was a wonderful flow from set to set, and the feeling of playing the hana ho with the ki ho'alu/uke army of love was surreal. Big thanks to the church (a great venue), all of you who not only came, but came to help, and the highly animated children. Special thanks to Pulelehua for ALL your generous work! Mahalo nui to Kerry and Randy for doing sound, and to Susie for coming so far just to offer help.
It was also a treat to have Patrick and Jennifer come, even though it was possible they might have had their baby that night. (I wasn't worried-- Melinda and I are Bradley Childbirth Educators, and can you imagine a better place to give birth than in the middle of a slack key concert??). Thank you both!
We raised over $1200, and all of the funds are going to Oxfam (they were especially pleased with the nature of our event).
It was such a pleasure to do this with all of you talented, giving and warm-hearted folks! Mahalo nui loa!!!

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  4:36:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
I'm sure the rest of the TP.net 'ohana would love to have been there. Congratulations!
Did anyone shoot a picture?
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Gary A
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  5:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Gary A's Homepage
Thanks Bwop for organizing the event. It went very smoothly. I'm sure there was a lot of work that went on to prepare for it. It was really cool getting to see so many TP.net people perform on stage.

Here's a shot of the "ki ho'alu/uke army of love" at the end of the program:

Gary

Edited by - Gary A on 02/06/2005 6:02:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

hapakid
Luna Ho`omalu

USA
1533 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  7:28:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit hapakid's Homepage
Thanks, Gary!
Perhaps Bwop or others could identify the cast onstage for us so we can put names/TP nicknames with faces.
Way to go, kakou!
Jesse Tinsley
Go to Top of Page

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  8:19:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha e Jesse!
Wish you coulda be dere! Thanks, Gary, for da picture!
Its Kerry (bass), Mark, Dave, Bwop, Melinda, Fran, Cynthia, Lawrence, Doug, Randy, Allan & Joseph. We all did "Ku'u Home O Kahalu'u" and "Hawai'i Aloha" together.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1579 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  07:57:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage
I was really honored by being included in this event. Thanks to Peter and ohana and his unofficial assistant Cynthia for doing all the "stuff" that goes into putting on a show, including getting publicity in numerous local papers and on tv. Thanks to the audience members who set aside their Saturday and contributed to the cause. Thanks to the other artists who contributed their talents. It's a wonderful feeling to have one's music turn into a tool to help people, and all of you made that possible.

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog

Edited by - Fran Guidry on 02/07/2005 07:58:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

karen shaff
Akahai

53 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  08:43:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit karen shaff's Homepage
Aloha everyone,

What a wonderful event Saturday night. Thanks Peter, Melinda, Cynthia, Fran, Dave, Mark, Randy, Kerry, and all the rest who played music and kept the Aloha very much alive for the Tsunami survivors!

Here are links to Ron Marler's photos from the event:

http://gallery133688.fotopic.net/c423478_1.html
http://gallery133688.fotopic.net

All my best to all of you! Looking forward to planning Aloha in the Redwoods 2005 very soon! Stay tuned...

Karen
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  5:17:42 PM  Show Profile
I wanted to mention...

That the peformer who most impressed me was myself!!

NOT!!!

No- He was Fran Guidry....

....Made me think of a

"Kihoalu FreightTrain with a Cannon up Front"

Now, yall can figger the Kaona in that'un yerself.

(Southern Hawaiian Pidgin)

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 02/07/2005 5:22:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  6:49:20 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the photos - nice work
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  8:06:19 PM  Show Profile
Hi Bwop and friends, we're so sorry we were not able to come that night. I had a huge allergy attack this weekend. Somehow our pinetrees decided it was spring and enthusiastically started their pollination cycle! I thought of all of you all evening long... sniff, sneeze, sniff. (I am certain that in a hall like the church's sanctuary, I could have set off the fire alarms with my sneezes.) Don't we just have the most wonderful ohana through the music?
Hugs, Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000