Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Local Slack Keyers
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  09:42:17 AM  Show Profile
I doubt very much I will find many where I live. This morning at church, I was talking with a friend of mine who plays bluegrass (another interest of mine) and he said that someone by the name of Conrad Ahia played at our church (Hawaiin folk music). So I called him up (lives in Huntsville, AL too). Turns out he is not a big slack key player, but a lover of all things "hawaiin folk". More of a supprise (to you than to me) his dad is Sam Ahia, apparently well known in the islands for jazz and slack key!! Small world, huh? I expect I will meet soon with Conrad.

Aloha, Mike

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  10:20:40 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Mike

If you get to meet conrad, send him the aloha from maui. I havn't met conrad but, i know his dad sam, and his brother howard. Sam is one of the well known in hawaii for, jazz, slack, or whatever you want to hear on guitar, he is VERY GOOD! Howard is following his dads footstep, he is also a great guitarist, plays a little different but, it's his way of playing.

My son and i have played with sam and his son,(howard) in many of slackkey concerts. Sam focus more on playing for for his church now.
If i'm not mistaken howard still plays at the Westin in Lahaina.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000