Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 guitar for slack key
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

noel-lele
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  11:55:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit noel-lele's Homepage
Thanks to everyone for your advice! I played on several small body guitars at Guitar Center and the only one I liked was the Baby Taylor (size was good since I really play uke). But please note - they had 3 Baby Taylors in the showroom. Two sounded ok but the third one sounded great - much bigger richer tone & better action. They all needed beter setup. They will match the price you find on the web except you do have to pay tax - it's worth the few extra bucks to play the one you are actually getting!
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2005 :  4:09:43 PM  Show Profile
Most of the guitars I've tried vary widely within a particular model. chunky monkey has a great sounding Taylor 814(ce?), however I played 2 814ce's today at the Guitar Center in San Marcos that sounded very weak and thin. They were fairly new and not too shop worn.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

noel-lele
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  06:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit noel-lele's Homepage
Thanks for Twinkle Twinkle! I have a question - what does the play sequence notes mean?
Also, are there any places to download free slack key tab?
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  08:33:37 AM  Show Profile
Hi Noel,
Be sure to go to the Christmas tab that Leonard put together and download a number of tabs there.
auntie -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000