Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Kanikapila -- Half Moon Bay California
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UncaJohn
Aloha

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2005 :  5:45:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit UncaJohn's Homepage
Aloha,

We like to play near the beach on Sunday afternoons. There are two of us. This weekend, as we watched the sunset, played and felt the tempature drop, we thought it might be nice to invite others out to play with us on a regular basis.

So, for starters, if you could make it to Half Moon Bay on a Sunday, let me know.

The place we like right now is across the street from The Half Moon Bay Brewery -- 40 minutes south of San Francisco. They have take-away bottles - $3.75 for 22 oz. There is is an empty lot across the street. There is also a beach there. In the unlikely event we get kicked off of some guy's property we can move to the beach. = )

So, in general, the plan is -- go to the brewery about an hour (or two) before sunset. Bring your instument, a chair and a music stand if you like. Start playing, or join the others playing. {Other things we like to bring: a coat, a stand light, big print chord charts - eyes no so young anymore.}

If one Sunday each month looks better than others, let me know. We can promote it as "the day." For now, I am trying to keep this simple. I want to see if anyone would want to visit here.

Look back at this topic for updates if you are interested.

Please, never hesitate to email me if you want to play in HMB. Normally, this Sunday idea would be a Ukulele thing. With proper notice we can switch to play guitars or drums, or you name it. Boy! That looks slutty!

Mahalo,
John

Let's go back to the valley, one more time. = ) ...Ekolu

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2005 :  10:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Wow, brah, wish I was down there; that would be an awesome place to play. My gf and I were down in SF last fall and we drove out to Half Moon Bay. We watched the sunset from up above Mavericks, and then went down to the brewery. A great evening.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000