Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 I am looking for slack key jams on the islands
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

olivei
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  5:50:57 PM  Show Profile
howdy,
I'm travelling to the islands for several months. I'm coming from the siskiyou mountain area of southern oregon and I really want to learn more slack key. I have Keola Beamer and Mark Nelsons book , and have taken a lesson from Mark, who recommended this forum and mentioned slack key Jams. I'll be on Maui from the 25th of Jan on. any info will be great. Thanks . Olivei

Bwop
Lokahi

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2005 :  7:37:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bwop's Homepage
Aloha,
Go to the Ritz show in Kapalua every Tuesday (next line-up includes Led, Cyril, Dennis and others). Find Kevin Brown in Waihe'e and his saturday (?) jam. Heck, if you're there for that long, just sit down on the best beach you can find and play-- you'll find someone. Have the big fun, and inspiration too.

Bwop
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2005 :  4:49:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
You can contact me when you get on the Big Island. (808) 322-4714... There are a lot of little events that are hard to find but lots of fun...
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

olivei
Aloha

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2005 :  3:34:53 PM  Show Profile
saturday jam sounds more like my thing than the ritz , I have yet to be in Waihe'e, is there a specific location?
Go to Top of Page

edkalama
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  8:09:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit edkalama's Homepage
Aloha Olive,

Give me a call and I will give you the directions (205-2596). Just talked to Kevin and he said that a few guys should be there this coming Saturday, except him. He said he will be in the Big Island this weekend. You should plan on coming at around 1 pm. I showed up there last Saturday because I saw your post a couple of weeks ago but nobody there

ed

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  03:00:14 AM  Show Profile
Thanks, Ed for helping to give directions to waihee, sorry we were'nt there on saturday, half of the waihee slackers went to hana to help in there fund raiser for the tsunami relief, i'll be in Milolii, but everyone else will be there. Olivei i hope you can make it, and as Bwop said try coming to the Ritz this tuesday (feb.8) Dennis Kamakahi and his son Kawika will be there, If i don't have anything that night, i'll be heading out there too, have a wonderful time while your on maui.

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2005 :  08:55:38 AM  Show Profile
aloha e Kevin!
Someday I'd like to hear what's really at Milolii and tell you my experience there..... I'll even try to find pix if I still have them.
have a nice visit and a fine weekend!
aunty

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000