Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Admin Goes Over to the Dark Side
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  2:55:57 PM  Show Profile
Andy has jumped ship

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  3:07:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Note: It appears that the only person left in the room was Jim, who does not care for Hawaiian music! Kudos to him for hanging out for 7 hours of our picking/plucking.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  3:19:16 PM  Show Profile
The kid has talent!!

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  10:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Oooooo! Nice, Andy.
8 strings... how do you like to tune it?
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  04:46:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Konabob

Oooooo! Nice, Andy.
8 strings... how do you like to tune it?
Aloha,
-Konabob

Good question! I have no idea. It's not mine but I think it was in C6 tuning? All I could do was try to figure out where I, IV, V were and how not to make everyone's ears bleed.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  06:19:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
Andy, you do know that steel guitarist rarely sing...
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage
Check out those nails!!

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  06:28:19 AM  Show Profile
Andy!!
Don't quit singing!! Give up that thing while you can!!
Actually, I think it belongs to Ianui who can play very nicely, and though he professes to be a beginner, isn't.

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Ianui
Lokahi

USA
298 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  06:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ianui's Homepage
The board belongs to me. It was built by George Piburn www.georgeboards.com I've had 1 lesson and ordered a lot of books. It is 8 strings and has a C6 tuning. The body is maple. Have you priced a chunck of good Koa that size? Its maple because I did.

In 2 minutes Andy figured out how to play it. He is a natural and does killer slides from fret 2 to 12

Edited by - Ianui on 02/09/2005 06:30:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  06:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Ianui

He is a natural and does killer slides from fret 2 to 12
You Californians are too nice. Naturally bad is more like it!

Now Don, on the other hand, keeps saying that he's a beginner and cannot play but I hear beautiful sounds coming from his guitar and lap steel. What's up with that?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  11:16:01 AM  Show Profile
Say it isn't so Andy, say it isn't so!!!....oh wait a minute, he isn't playing it, merely polishing the strings.
Scared me for a moment.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

shorebreak
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:45:26 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy,

Just missed you in San Diego. I am in San Diego now and was wondering if you can give me the scoop on the Hawaiian music scene.

Aloha Greg
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Greg!
How long are you going to be there? What days or evenings do you have available?
Keith will be on Maui for the weekend.
And I'm up by LAX... but if Rik doesn't answer this, I'll call him to check and leave a message for you.
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  09:55:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Greg,

With only 5 nights in San Diego, 4 of them spent at a conference, I'm not the right guy to ask. Surely, the locals can chime in.

Check this post though http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2424 - I've been trying to email you but they call bounced back.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

jlsulle
Lokahi

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  1:55:32 PM  Show Profile  Send jlsulle a Yahoo! Message
Hey Admin,
I only said that Jim will not admit to liking picking/plucking slack key. This was the first time I have been able to get Jim to go to a kanikapila with me. When we got in the car Sunday evening to leave he turned to me and said "that was really a lot of fun" and "that Andy is a really good singer"
I have been secretly giving Jim some beginning slack key lessons and he is catching on fast since he already plays guitar (he likes coboy songs) I think we have another convert.
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2005 :  2:37:17 PM  Show Profile
Jerry!
Great to meet you and Jim!! I just hope that as he learns to slacken the strings, he doesn't forget the cowboy songs like I did last week! I do beleve the folks at Terry's know how to have fun in any venue - and what could be better than ki ho'alu?
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000