Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Is your Slack Key Slack'n in the Pac-Northwest???
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  04:28:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message

Aloha Everyone!!! My name is Patrick Landeza and I teach Kiho'alu here in the Bay Area. I am travelling on the Pacific Northwest Tour with George Kuo, Martin Pahinui, and Aaron Mahi and I was thinking to myself..."SELF...while you're there, you shoud offer slack key lessons to those that might be interested!!"

All kidding aside, for those of you that are IN NEED of a lesson, having trouble with a song, have questions like "why does it sound like this??" or "I'm following the book and CD and it still doesn't sound right!!" I do have pockets of time that can be made available for lessons and just to answer your slack key questions. You can contact me by email or you can send a post if you are interested so I can begin to arrange time.

And for those of you not in the Pac-Northwest...Stay Tuned!!! I'll be coming to a city near you......soon!!! Aloha and Keep Slack'n!!!

A Hui Hou,

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

ps

Andy posted the tour dates in an earlier post!!!!

Patrick Landeza

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  11:44:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha e Patrick,

I'm betting our little Ki Ho`alu Hui would love a group lesson. Unfortunately, I think a bunch of us will be out of town! Auwe.

Mahalo nui loa for da kind offer though. Any chance we get for lessons is appreciated.

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  11:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message
Maybe next time Bruddah Crispy!!!! I'm in Redmond until Monday Aug 12th, then we head back to San Francisco.....

Aloha!!!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  12:58:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
yoikes!!! you're at the belly up TONIGHT?? i gotta try to show up!

manoman,
keith

Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  1:30:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message

Aloha Bruddah Keith...

It will be a great show!!!!! I won't be there tonight...will catch the tour from San Francisco on...

Aloha!!

Patrick

Patrick Landeza
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  3:05:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
you won't be there? auwe! i've been dyin' to hear you play.

it's still a good lineup, i'm going to try to make it...

aloha,
keith

Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  6:22:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
I'm in Carlsbad...what time's the show?

Craig
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  6:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
quote:

Maybe next time Bruddah Crispy!!!! I'm in Redmond until Monday Aug 12th, then we head back to San Francisco.....

Whoa, are you in Redmond, WA, right now? We just had our weekly kani ka pila in Juanita an hour ago. I shoulda wen invite ya!

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  7:28:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message

Mahalo Keith..I'm planning to be down there some time in November..I have a show at UC Santa Barbara on the 16th of November..will make my way down...

Bruddah Chris...we won't be in Redmond (or that area)until the weekend of the 10th ..(I better look at a map!!!)

Aug 6 Portland zoo
Aug 9 Eugene
Aug 10 Bend

Patrick Landeza
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2002 :  9:58:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
craig, the show starts at 8pm...

i gotta get on my bike so i don't miss the show!

keith

Go to Top of Page

joeycastaneda
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2002 :  01:04:41 AM  Show Profile
Patrick,

Glad to see you are available to lessons. I tried to email you about a year ago to see if you give lessons but never got a reply. I'm in Dublin, California and would like to hook up with you for some lessons. I'll give you a call.

Go to Top of Page

doctorrose
Aloha

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2002 :  8:46:25 PM  Show Profile
Aloha,

For anyone who has an opportunity to schedule a lesson with Patrick, do it! I was lucky enough to get time to spend with him on his recent pass through Portland and the hour lesson flew by. He is a great slack key guitarist, a great teacher and a warm, freindly person as well. He quickly put me at ease, we got to work, and I learned more in an hour than I could have imagined. I look forward to getting together with him on his next pass through town.

Eric

Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  1:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message

Mahalo Eric for the kind words!! We are currently in Eugene Oregon right now..such a nice place...we are having a ball on this tour, we've been doing nothing but eating and eating...anyone going to the show tonight??? Anyone in need of a lesson while I'm in town please let me know...I am staying at the Phoenix Inn here in Eugene..then we are off to Bend, Oregon tomorrow....Tonight we play at W.O.W Hall...I will post pictures and video footage on my website next week when I return... the stories that each musician has to share behind the scenes and away from the stage are truly treasures that unfortunatly if you are not on tour you are unable to appreciate...I hope with the video footage and pictures you will get to know these individuals (including myself) a little more than just a name and face on a CD or on a stage..

Well the Phoenix Inn has email so I will be checking periodically. Again, let me know if there is anyone in need of lessons in the Eugene, or Bend area!!

A Hui Hou!!!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
Go to Top of Page

hwnslacker
Lokahi

USA
295 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2002 :  1:38:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit hwnslacker's Homepage  Send hwnslacker an AOL message

Mahalo Eric for the kind words!! We are currently in Eugene Oregon right now..such a nice place...we are having a ball on this tour, we've been doing nothing but eating and eating...anyone going to the show tonight??? Anyone in need of a lesson while I'm in town please let me know...I am staying at the Phoenix Inn here in Eugene..then we are off to Bend, Oregon tomorrow....Tonight we play at W.O.W Hall...I will post pictures and video footage on my website next week when I return... the stories that each musician has to share behind the scenes and away from the stage are truly treasures that unfortunatly if you are not on tour you are unable to appreciate...I hope with the video footage and pictures you will get to know these individuals (including myself) a little more than just a name and face on a CD or on a stage..

Well the Phoenix Inn has email so I will be checking periodically. Again, let me know if there is anyone in need of lessons in the Eugene, or Bend area!!

A Hui Hou!!!

Patrick Landeza
www.patricklandeza.com

Patrick Landeza
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000