Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Performance/Event Announcements & Reviews
 Beamer, Keawe and Yeaton at Roaring Camp
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  06:56:09 AM  Show Profile
First of all I'd like to thank Julie Hendrik, Larry and the floks at Roaring Camp for blessing us with this show. What I nice surprise to see KonaBob, Bwop, Rich and Val Cook and numerous other AMCers and TPers.

Each performer was beautifully unique, but to me the highlight was the encore performance where they played Ku`u Home O Kahalu`u and each took a verse to sing. Wow, chickenskin. Let's not forget the beautiful Hulas of Moana and a some ukulele background by Donley Smith.

Thanks also for the opportunity to spend some time with the `ohana after the show.

Ke akua pu,

Dave

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  07:27:09 AM  Show Profile
Woohoo! Can't wait! Thanks Dave. I'm driving 2+ hours to get there tonight.
Aloha!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2005 :  9:24:48 PM  Show Profile
I want to thank all of you TaroPatch ohana for coming to the show and proving to Auntie Georgiana Clark, CEO of Roaring Camp, that it is possible to have succesful Hawaiian concerts in the middle of winter. At first she was reluctant to give it a try, concerts being uncharted ground for her. But I talked her into it, and so many of faithful friends turned out to make it a huge success. What a treat to see so many friendly and encouraging faces. And the hugs! It was a love fest... Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And Auntie Georgiana was smiling from ear to ear all evening long! I'm still flying high as well.
Aloha, Julie
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2005 :  07:22:28 AM  Show Profile
Yes - What a great show!

And a steam-engine train ride back and forth to boot! Moanalani blew me away with the wind-sound ball and string thing. How did she manage to keep that thing going AND chant and sing for the whole song?? Yes- and Ku'u Home o Kahalu'u was wonderful ensemble work (I think Chris had a little influence in choosing that one). It was indeed very nice to see KonaBob and wife out from the islands, as well as the other Kahumoku Workshop folks and AMC folks and TaroPatchers. Keola and Moanalani always do a top-notch show!

Three... NO... FOUR cheers to Julie (and accompanist Lawrence)!!!!

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

Konabob
`Olu`olu

USA
928 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  8:21:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konabob's Homepage  Send Konabob an AOL message
Hi Lawrence, Julie, Larry, Paul, Cathy G, Piffle, Donley, BWOP et al.
Shirley just got back to Kona after a wonderful week in your neighborhood. We will certainly be visiting you again.
Didn't even mind scraping ice off the car windows. The concert was spectacular, and Julie did such a wonderful job
putting it all together.

Hope to see you all in June!
Aloha,
-Konabob

Konabob's Walkingbass - http://www.konawalkingbass.com
Taropatch Steel - http://www.konaweb.com/konabob/
YouTube - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=Konabob2+Walkingbass
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  5:19:39 PM  Show Profile
Aloha from Singapore!

May I add my mahalo to Julie for putting it together and my delight in seeing all you AMCs and TPs that I've missed for a while, it was a wonderful evening and the greastest possible sned off to Singapore, where (sigh) I have yet to find any ki ho'alu. See you all soon again, ou hui hou, Cathe

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  6:25:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Auntie Cathe,

How long are you in Singapore? I'm off to Hong Kong next week. BTW, are you still having problems logging in and viewing member profiles?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2005 :  8:52:02 PM  Show Profile
Aloha Andy:

Well, all I saw of Hong Kong this trip was the airport. I'm home again, was a fantastic trip, my son and daughter-in-law and the klids are there for about a year while she works on a project. They sent me a ticket for my birthday - woo hoo! I was there two weeks, have pics and stories galore. Good trip to Hong Kong, eh?
No worries signing in, but no can get profiles or send emails to those tps.......talk when you get back? Mahalo.

cathe
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000