Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Travel
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  6:49:28 PM  Show Profile
I have been to Hawaii (kauai) two times and am ready to go back. Question is, when is the best time, especially from a slack key/music point of view? Figure in at least two weeks time. Which island? What time of year?

Mike

Aloha, Mike

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2005 :  6:53:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
I don't think this question really has any one answer. Anytime is great but winter weather is hit or miss with potential rainy season. Timing regarding music, do you want to hit up slack key festivals, music camps or any performances? Festivals take place on various islands at different times. There are various camps. Lots of regular music going on. So what would you like to do?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  08:21:17 AM  Show Profile
If you want general Hawaiian music -- one of the good times is at the Aloha Festivals - the ho'olalea usually bring together lots of excellent groups -- and there frequently are other musical things happening at that time. Went to O'ahu's 2 years ago and had a GREAT time.
For slack key - one of the Slack Key Festivals is a whole day of excellent players.
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  1:10:21 PM  Show Profile
Anytime on Kaua`i is great; I've been there in Feb (3), May (2), September (2), July, March, and August. Lots of live music including Slack Key all the time. Big Island is next favorite - John Keawe, Keoki Kahumoku, Darlene Ahuna, Chris Yeaton, Konabob and all - doesn't matter what time of year - it has 14 different climate zones. TPers know it all - just ask
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  4:57:21 PM  Show Profile
I think a slack key festival would be awsome and I love Kaua'i. I would probably lover other islands...but I like the "garden" feel of Kaua'i.

Mike

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2005 :  9:36:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Check www.hawaiianslackkeyguitarfestivals.com for info.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000