Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 JAKE SHIMABUKURO SAN DIEGO
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tula
Lokahi

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  1:48:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Tula's Homepage
I have been approached to bring Jake to San Diego. Looking for feed back and interest.

Mahalo,
Tula

Tula

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  2:38:49 PM  Show Profile
Probably wouldn't go to see him solo - perhaps on a multiple gig
how about Robi and Sean Na`auau (?)
Go to Top of Page

Dominator
Lokahi

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  2:43:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Dominator's Homepage
Chunky,
Just curious as to why you would not go to see him solo? I saw him solo once and he was awesome.
Dominator

www.dominator.ukeland.com
www.myspace.com/dominatoruke
Practice makes Practice Perfect!
Go to Top of Page

chunky monkey
Ha`aha`a

USA
1021 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  3:01:40 PM  Show Profile
Just a personal bias - I think he strays too far from Hawaiian Music. I know that he is a superb player, but I often don't care for the music he does play. I've never seen him live, though, and would go see him if he were with someone else. When he was with Pure Heart, I liked a lot of the music, but I think it worked primarily because of the complementary guitar work of Jon Yamasato and the percussion of Lopaka Colon
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1493 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2005 :  11:27:43 AM  Show Profile
I have all of his CDs and his DVD. Unfortunately, I was not able to see him live in Honolulu last time I was there. The concert videos on his CD are aewsome. Yes, like Daniel Ho, he does play some rock and roll, some jazz, and otherwise shows the versatility that can be attained with the instrument. I think he is on the cutting edge of what can be done with a ukulele.

I would pay to see him in concert and wondered why he hasn't been to San Diego (that I know of). Even my wife would go (she was dragged to see Keola/John/and Chris and then said I was right to bring her - she like Chris best)

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

juspress
Aloha

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  8:53:30 PM  Show Profile  Send juspress a Yahoo! Message
He put on a great show last friday here on Maui. None of the audience was of the local kine peoples, and he did not provide ANY hawaian music. Mostly it was Jazz, a great show with a six string base and drummer. I sat right in the front row at the MCC, and still his fingers were just a blur. His opening number give me tears.....Ave Maria.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000