Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 San Diego Ukes?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jef
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  01:55:16 AM  Show Profile
Man, looks like I missed the big get-to-gether...

Just wondering if there are any San Diego uke players that play together much? I'm desperate for some playing buddies...

Will play uke for friends :)

-Jef

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  04:08:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message
hi jef,

oh yeah! there's a lot of uking going on! frank leong (flkleong @ prodigy.net) is the person to contact.his group gets together twice a week in the encinitas area.

warm up that uke and e komo mai!

keith
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  05:11:40 AM  Show Profile
aloha Jef!!
you're in the right place for lots of friends w/ Ukulele -
They are on a different website - Kealanis... I'm sorry I don't have all the info - but slkho will be on soon and he'll maybe give you more info. His sweet wife plays and sings with them.
Lotta nice folks down your way so have fun!!!
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  10:02:18 AM  Show Profile
Jeffy-Jeffy-Jeffy...where you been? Welcome to the TP. Plenty of Uke-action happening bro.
In fact there's a good size kanikapila happening this weekend I believe. Check the website Keith left for you. See you this weekend hopefully, if you need to contact me, you can reach me through Auntie Nancy.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Jef
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  1:13:10 PM  Show Profile
Yikes...only got an email address...

Anyone have that website handy?

-Jef
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  5:08:38 PM  Show Profile
Jef -
Just write Uncle Frank a note telling him who you are and that you've been to Taropatch. He'll fix you right up! That's his e-mail address and he's on it quite often. I'm pretty sure if he's not running the website, he's intimately involved... he heads the Clan - Ohana -
I'll do a search for Kealanis.... I got off the website a couple weeks ago because too much came and I don't play the Ukulele so wasn't particularly interested. They get together on Wednesdays and usually Saturdays.
Need more help? Send me an e-mail and I'll give you Rik's number. we don't put personal info on website.
You're gonna have fun!!!!
auntie -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Jef
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2005 :  11:25:58 PM  Show Profile
Cool.

I just sent some mail over to Frank...I'm anxiously awaiting the reply...

-Jef
Go to Top of Page

Jef
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2005 :  5:56:25 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone for letting me jam with you guys on Saturday. It was a good time. It's nice to play some new songs, meet some new people, and just hang out.

I'll see you guys on Wednesday!

-Jef
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2005 :  08:47:15 AM  Show Profile
Aloha e Jef -
Pretty darned nice bunch of folks, aren;t they!?! They also do volunteer work. Glad you met Rik.
They've helped me more than I can ever thank them for or repay them. I;'m thinking my job is to pass it on to the next guys who need help.
auntie nancy

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  08:36:26 AM  Show Profile
Jeff, pleasure to meet you Saturday, niiiiiiice Uke you have.
For all you out there, Jeff brought a very unique Ukelele, it was hand carved from one piece of wood. Quite unusual, quite unique. I think it was called sweetheart Uke?
Anyways, too bad you left early, Uncle Charlie from San Fernando Valley showed up on his way to jam at Kaisen's. We really started pumping out some great jams.
Mahalo bro, hope to see more of you in the future.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Jef
Aloha

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2005 :  11:14:09 PM  Show Profile
I know several people asked about the uke, so here's a little info for you guys. The uke is called an Akulele Sweethear made by Todaro. I got the uke here:

http://www.akulele.com/

IMO, they are quite inexpensive for the product you get. (it's lightyears better than the Hilo I had).

Joe Todaro is a really nice guy, even called me and sent photographs of the uke before shipping it to me.

I'll be at Kealani's on Wednesday for those of you that didn't get a chance to ogle it :)

-Jef
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.09 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000