Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Kanikapila Forum
 Los Angeles area Slack Key Kanikapila
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Island Legends
Aloha

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2005 :  07:34:01 AM  Show Profile
Aloha Everyone,

For all who are interested:

SLACK KEY KANIKAPILA @ Island Legends (Gardena)
Sunday, March 13
4:30ish to ?????

Please reply if you will be attending, or contact Aunty Nancy or myself. I need to know how many chairs to get.

If you would like to do some shopping; please arrive early. Our register closes at 4:00.

Hope to see everyone there! Just bring your guitars & ukulele.

Doug
310) 339-7205

Island Legends, LLC
1451 W. Artesia Blvd., #12
Gardena, CA 90248
(310)352-6333

Edited by - Island Legends on 02/23/2005 08:42:12 AM

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2005 :  2:12:46 PM  Show Profile
Not sure I can make the 3/15th date, gotta be at another kanikapila in San Fernando, but would like to jam with you guys too. Any chance of changing the date to 3/12th?
-slkho
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2005 :  10:40:12 AM  Show Profile
Aloha -
John Dietz from Dietz Brothers Music plans to join us on the 13th. If anyone from SCSKS isn't going to the Valley that day, please join us! We are planning on seeing who we are, and where we are going, with an emphasis at first on learning from each other and learning to play with each other. Anyone from Taropatch out there? Sandman?
mahalo -
auntie

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

Auntie Nancy
`Olu`olu

USA
593 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2005 :  6:48:04 PM  Show Profile
WooHoo!!!
Mahalo to Doug for welcoming us to Island Legends for our first SoBay/LA chapter of SCSKS Kani ka pila!!!
Attendees: Nick the Pilot, Jay Yonahara, John Dietz, Brenda Cochran, Richard Yamane and yours truly. In true Taropatch spirit, there are varied levels among us from the "I want to learn" to Jay whose playing reminds me of Andy's. Nick's picked up a guitar so is joining us in ki ho'alu learning. Richard learned in school in Hawai'i and Brenda is set to relearn what she learned at home in Hawai'i. John's a wiz kid - And after the others left, Doug started teaching Richard and me a very pretty tune called Napili Chimes. Hopefully I can remember enough to practice and we'll learn the rest next time. Yes!!! There Shall be a next time!!!
Mahalo to all our new friends for joining us! And we hope some of our southern friends will be able to join us from time to time, along with anyone who's in town or wants to come to town.
auntie -

nancy cook
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2005 :  09:41:31 AM  Show Profile
Glad you all had a good time, I was so close to you guys that day. On the way up to San Fernando, we stopped at Bob's Okazuya around 10-ish for a quick plate of poke. What was wierd was that they were playing live music at that time.
Uncle Cliff & Michael were playing some Dennis Paavo, they asked me to jam, so briefly, I went and got my guitar and played 3 quick tunes. It was impromtu but very nice, then we were off to the valley.
The Kankikapila up in the valley was great as well.
Sorry Nancy & Doug I missed your event, hopefully next time.
-slkho
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000